Passing the Time

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
mickthemaverick
Donor 2021
Posts: 7636
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 2163

Re: Passing the Time

Post by mickthemaverick »

I've just realised I can save myself some effort by not cleaning her bedroom. A) nobody has been in there and B) even if I clean it to operating theatre standards she will still clean it herself when she gets home!! :-D
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021
Posts: 12136
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 1558

Re: Passing the Time

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

That will be a problem, whatever you decide to do. If you leave it you will be accused of being lazy, and if you do clean it she will wonder what you are trying to hide!
Online
User avatar
Paul-R
(Donor 2020)
Posts: 5488
Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
x 818

Re: Passing the Time

Post by Paul-R »

A classic case of can't do anything right for doing wrong.
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Donor 2021
Posts: 7636
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 2163

Re: Passing the Time

Post by mickthemaverick »

Well I was up there with pledge multi surface and duster in hand so I just did the mirrors so it won't reflect too badly on me!! :-D
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Donor 2021
Posts: 7636
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 2163

Re: Passing the Time

Post by mickthemaverick »

I'm finished!!!! :bd: :cd: :cud: :monkey:
Now I can find a better place for a couple more of those Doom Bar cans and then relax until I have to head for the airport tomorrow!!

Can I just take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been posting on here over the last 5 weeks which has made a big difference to my state of mind by keeping me grinning and laughing while being self isolated and then locked down!! Cheers Guys :beer: :beer: :beer:
Online
User avatar
Paul-R
(Donor 2020)
Posts: 5488
Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
x 818

Re: Passing the Time

Post by Paul-R »

Well Mick, glad it helped.

Now, when the missus gets back will you need twice the support as before?
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Donor 2021
Posts: 7636
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 2163

Re: Passing the Time

Post by mickthemaverick »

Paul-R wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 17:06
Well Mick, glad it helped.

Now, when the missus gets back will you need twice the support as before?
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

More than likely!!!

If I suggest a virtual trip around a coal cellar you'll know I'm in trouble :-D
admiral51
Donor 2021
Posts: 2408
Joined: 24 May 2007, 10:11
x 307

Re: Passing the Time

Post by admiral51 »

mickthemaverick wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 17:10
Paul-R wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 17:06
Well Mick, glad it helped.

Now, when the missus gets back will you need twice the support as before?
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

More than likely!!!

If I suggest a virtual trip around a coal cellar you'll know I'm in trouble :-D
Mick you are a male, we are always in trouble it's just we do not understand why. :rofl2:

Hope you and the good lady are both back home safe and sound.
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Donor 2021
Posts: 7636
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 2163

Re: Passing the Time

Post by mickthemaverick »

Indeed we are thankyou, and I managed to get through the 118 snaps without yawning!!! I got my own back by insisting she saw my snaps from my recent March Meander (available here if you missed it: viewtopic.php?t=64048) and now honours are even and I can wear my shirts that need ironing again!!! :-D
Online
User avatar
Paul-R
(Donor 2020)
Posts: 5488
Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
x 818

Re: Passing the Time

Post by Paul-R »

admiral51 wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 15:51
Mick you are a male, we are always in trouble it's just we do not understand why.
Indeed. I am never out of the doghouse. It's just the length of the chain that varies.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 43889
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1784

Re: Passing the Time

Post by CitroJim »

Paul-R wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 17:17
admiral51 wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 15:51
Mick you are a male, we are always in trouble it's just we do not understand why.
Indeed. I am never out of the doghouse. It's just the length of the chain that varies.
😂😂😂 I know what you mean! I regularly get ear-bendings from my daughters....
Online
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 20601
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 1790

Re: Passing the Time

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 11:46
Paul-R wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 17:17
admiral51 wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 15:51
Mick you are a male, we are always in trouble it's just we do not understand why.
Indeed. I am never out of the doghouse. It's just the length of the chain that varies.
😂😂😂 I know what you mean! I regularly get ear-bendings from my daughters....
Same here, for venturing to the local shops. Eldest does work for the NHS though.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 43889
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1784

Re: Passing the Time

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 12:19
Same here, for venturing to the local shops. Eldest does work for the NHS though.
As does my eldest although she's currently in lockdown due to her own underlying... Her MS...

Youngest is hard at work every day but is working from home. Her dressing table is now her office desk 😂
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Donor 2021
Posts: 7636
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 2163

Re: Passing the Time

Post by mickthemaverick »

CitroJim wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 12:37

Youngest is hard at work every day but is working from home. Her dressing table is now her office desk 😂
Does that mean she's involved in high brow work? :-D
Online
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 20601
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 1790

Re: Passing the Time

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 12:37
myglaren wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 12:19
Same here, for venturing to the local shops. Eldest does work for the NHS though.
As does my eldest although she's currently in lockdown due to her own underlying... Her MS...

Youngest is hard at work every day but is working from home. Her dressing table is now her office desk 😂
Mine runs the library in a local hospital - for medical staff, not patients.
She had been working from home when her boss - the trust director as all intermediate staff have resigned - called her to arrange a conference with her, him and 35 doctors all in the same little library.

Her son was in the room when she was speaking to the director and overheard. When she put the phone down he said that her boss would be needing some burn ointment.
Annika had 'roasted' him - she can be quite scathing, and was.
They have dragged her back in now. She has asthma too.