yet another pain

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

raydkoi
New User
My Cars: C4 Picasso

yet another pain

Post by raydkoi »

C4 Picasso 1.6 57 plate vin VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
heater aircon fault
was told by repair centre needed a new fan blower its dead on all speeds plug in new one (£185) no differance at all totally dead - i have 12volts at it on the two thicjk incoming wires but no fan running at all - if i disconnect the fan from the speed control module and put 12 volt direct to fan it runs so for some reason the speed control box not allowing anything through it
questions are
1 how do you test the speed contol box (IS it actually possible for home mechanic)
2 how does the right hand control assembly come out the right hand corner of the dash i can slightly move the top but not much else

I have on the control panel lights on the fan icon that vary as buttons pressed

3 is there anything to put on the two tiny connection to bypass the dash controls etc
c4 fan.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: yet another pain

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's more likely that you needed a Bower Motor Control Module and not the the Fan. The resistance units inside the modules fail over time. Normally when they start to go it's full speed or nothing.

However, as they are also designed to start the fan off slowly and then increase the power gradually, it sometimes isn't enough to get the fan going - especially as with age, the bearings can start to seize with moisture getting in, making them difficult to free.

If you have managed to get the blower motor itself going directly, then your issue may well be the faulty speed module - this is a common failure across most of the range.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc