M.O.T changes due to coronavirus

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sloppysod
Donor 2019

Re: M.O.T changes due to coronavirus

Post by Sloppysod »

Things take time, if it is on the UK-dot-gov site then it will happen, just give it time.....no panic..
As the Spanish say "mañana"
"Wiki meaning = 'sometime in the unspecified future, despite the fact that we were told tomorrow without fail' .

JohnD
Donor 2019

Post by JohnD »

I book the appointments for our four cars three months in advance. That way the MOTs for them get done for £30 each. My C5 and C1 both expire on the 31st March so I had the C5 booked for last Friday and the C1 for this morning. Both have passed. The 306 and the Saxo both expire at the end of April so I have the 306 booked for 17th April and the Saxo on the 24th. In view of the 6 months extension, I'm going to cancel the two appointments and rebook them for August.

Paul-R
Donor 2020

Post by Paul-R »

Can I suggest you change the first post in this thread, the viewtopic.php?t=64857 thread and the Donate page (next to the Donate button would be ideal I think) to make mention of the fact that this payment will show up as bxclub? I first asked about this in post 3 and it's been asked several times since.

Peter.N.
Donor 2020

Post by Peter.N. »

The last time I remember anything like this happening was in 1956 when they suspended driving tests due to the Suez crises and ensuing shortage of petrol. If you a provisional license you were allowed to drive unaccompanied, I had so I did. 8-)

Peter

Huskyxantia
Donor

Post by Huskyxantia »

Sloppysod wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 13:00
Things take time, if it is on the UK-dot-gov site then it will happen, just give it time.....no panic..
As the Spanish say "mañana"
"Wiki meaning = 'sometime in the unspecified future, despite the fact that we were told tomorrow without fail' .
Feel sorry for Spain the way things are there god be with them all

white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec »

There is a problem with the word manaña in Spain. It actually means 'morning', but also 'tomorrow' (the Spanish are a bit short of words), but if you use it, it's often taken - and not without some justification - to mean "sometime, maybe never". #-o

Just like the UK, there are public utility companies here who have earned an appalling reputation for Customer Service (a concept pretty much unknown 15 years ago) – just like BT in years gone by.

One of those ghastly companies was (is) Endesa, a main electricity supplier in Spain. (The other was Telefonica.)

Endesa, if you telephoned them would invariably put you on hold, but, to add insult to injury, would do so with a chunk of this, in an endless musical loop. I doubt whether they saw the irony...

As well as these two excruciatingly awful commercial companies, a visit to a local Social Security/Health office could easily turn into a whole morning of queuing, waiting for your number to come up. Worse, when you finally got seen, there was always a piece of paperwork you hadn't got, or got quite enough copies of. (A sign advised that no photocopying was available, despite the office being full of them.)

This went on for years, and the following video became rather famous...

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Brilliant!

Paul-R
Donor 2020

Post by Paul-R »

I checked this morning and the date hadn't been updated but checking this evening it now has been.

"MOT valid until 30 September 2020"

There's also now a notice on the home page for entering the registration number:

"Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
"MOT extensions are being processed in date order.
"This means that the MOT expiry date for your car, van or motorcycle may not yet be showing the 6 month extension."

Huskyxantia
Donor

Post by Huskyxantia »

Keep this post going just in case anything changes , but to be totally honest I'm not missing driving at all.

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I haven't even seen my car for ages. Son keeps it now as he uses it for work and I use it not at all.

Gibbo2286
Donor 2020

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Took mine down to Tesco this morning, it's like those old 'after the apocalypse' films, empty streets and only the odd vehicle on the road, a pleasure to drive on. :-D

Peter.N.
Donor 2020

Post by Peter.N. »

I see mine out of the bathroom window every morning but the only time they get driven is to take the recycling and rubbish down to the farm on a Monday evening. Bit of an overkill. :(

Peter

Huskyxantia
Donor

Post by Huskyxantia »

Don't worry its not the end of The world

Let's go back to the old billy cart days !

Huskyxantia
Donor

Post by Huskyxantia »

Paul-R wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 18:36
Can I suggest you change the first post in this thread, the viewtopic.php?t=64857 thread and the Donate page (next to the Donate button would be ideal I think) to make mention of the fact that this payment will show up as bxclub? I first asked about this in post 3 and it's been asked several times since.
?

Me thinks donating to the NHS is far more important.

Huskyxantia
Donor

Post by Huskyxantia »

I've disconnected the battery on the zx for time being , as for the Picasso I've only done just over 80 miles in the last three weeks .

I really don't miss driving , when this virus issue is over then were all be back polluting our planet again.. Sad..
Keep safe everyone .