C5 height sensors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

C5 and P2 2-8-2 fan
My Cars: 2006 C5
2000 Xantia

Re: C5 height sensors

Post by C5 and P2 2-8-2 fan »

Hi Marc,
Re the dash display, the only graphic position shown is the very lowest and it stays the same when the up button is pressed although it does then flicker which I would think indicates that the switch is sending a signal, how far it is getting is perhaps the problem.

I wish I could see a way to open the bsi, if it was just an internal relay it would be easy to replace, but they're probably solid state anyway, and I don't want to break the plastic lugs.

The fact that everything else works would indicate that the bsi is ok, as the weather's reasonable at the moment I'll get the multimeter out and have a poke around.
C5 and P2 2-8-2 fan
2000 Xantia

Back again, would you believe after all this I now find the F4 fuse has blown, it looked ok previously but on checking with a multimeter it was open circuit so perhaps it just died of old age.
On top of this connected the bsi back up and everything works except the car now won't start, doesn't even turn over!!!
Lexia not showing any fault on the bsi and have re programmed the keys to no avail.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Does it turn over >

If so, does it reach the required turn speed, if not the pressure (fuel) could be low and not be reaching the pressure needed.
Charge the battery overnight if so or if you do not know.

DampStart in the intake (after the Maf) does help but only do this once or twice as the ECU will "learn" and cause later starting problems I am told..
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
C5 and P2 2-8-2 fan
2000 Xantia

Hi Sticky,
No, it doesn't even try, I've taken the battery off and put on charge overnight will see what happens in the morning.