Engine problem (was Flywheel problem and was Fuel injector 1.6 Blue HDi)

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Paul-R
donor 2020

Re: Flywheel problem? (was Fuel injector 1.6 Blue HDi)

Post by Paul-R »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 17:03
Ok so P16D0 is recorded by the engine management ECU when there is a very significant engine under-revving or stalling caused by the driver using the double damping flywheel in an abnormal way.
Well I've found the laptop I want to use. Now it's just the VCI to find and then install.

I really should have done this months ago...
GiveMeABreak wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 17:03
...and drive properly of course.
Pfft. How dare you! :rofl2:

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You don't know how long I've been waiting to say that in general - now I can - Officially!

Not the most technical of answers, but true nonetheless!

ekjdm14
donor 2020

Post by ekjdm14 »

Brilliant, that saves a journey at least & the flywheel code might be something & nothing too :)

Was just thinking about that, my VCI isn't full chip anyway so would've needed to use yours even if you hadn't found the laptop! Hope it turns up & you can get to the bottom of the issue, you're experiencing the same feeling (should've done this months ago) as I was when our GTi180 decided to throw it's throttle body wobbler.

Between finding all the wires, diagnosing & repairing the VCI, getting the software to play nicely on the 7.57 laptop and finally deciding to use the 7.02 XP machine, a job which should have taken all of an hour at worst ended up dragging on for the best part of 3 days! Needless to say, I'll be keeping closer tabs on where I store my diagnostics kit from now on!

Paul-R
donor 2020

Post by Paul-R »

Well I FINALLY got my act together and have a working Diagbox setup. After numerous attempts I gave up with trying to install Diagbox on an XP laptop. I bought a S/H laptop on Sunday with 32 bit Win 7 fitted and then installed ver 7.57, as that would be correct for my 2013 C5 (I paired a second key and the towbar electrics ECU but that's another story). Jim at Easydiagnostics thought it would also work on the 308 as well so I've left it at that level for the moment.

Anyway, doing a scan gave exactly the same codes as the Autel reader gave. Even to the descriptions (Damage to the double damping flywheel, Combustion of cylinder No 2, etc). Some of the ECUs weren't recognised (presumably because I'm using 7.57) and I had to manually choose what it was. This was particularly so for the Engine ECU.

So I went through them all, deleted the faults and then saw what remained. There are only two.

The first is one I hadn't seen before and is something to do with the dashboard. The error is B1003 54 Secure configuration fault. This is the COMBINE_UDS ECU and under properties it says:
Cause Local
Status Present
Characteristics of the fault Absence of calibration

I have absolutely no idea what all this means! And why is Status 'Present' here but 'Permanent' in the following error?

The second, and undoubtedly major, error is P02CF 00 Combustion of cylinder No 2. This is the EDC17C60 ECU and under properties it says:
Cause Local
Status Permament
Characteristics of the fault Correction of the quantity of fuel injected insufficient.

Interestingly the error concerning No 1 cylinder has disappeared so whatever is the problem seems to be only No 2 cylinder.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I don't have your VIN for the 308, but there is a recall campaign out for this engine (no details) and I'm assuming its the one below from your profile, So may be worth a check.

308 (T9) 5 DOOR ESTATE 1.6 HDi 120 PEF (DV6FC)

Paul-R
donor 2020

Post by Paul-R »

VIN is in the first post of this thread. AFAIK the car has been back for all recalls. The most recent was last October with Safety Recall JMK. This involved an update of the engine ECU where, apparently, there was a chance of the car emissions exceeding limits.

The hesitation had appeared, in a minor occasional form, before that and was unaffected by the recall. It has just steadily become worse.

Interestingly, after clearing all the error codes the hesitation now appears to be less intrusive. In fact for a brief moment I thought it had gone! I haven't taken the car for a decent run yet and am unlikely to be able to do until we come back from France in two weeks time. We had intended to use the 308 (as there is only the two of us going down) but I feel that's a chance too great to take so the C5 will be used instead.

EDIT
I'm going to spin the B1003 54 error off into its own thread.