C5 Parking sensor display works but no sound / Beep ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C5 Parking sensor display works but no sound / Beep ?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I think it's simply because trying to get the bulb out is liable to break the pins or the plastic lugs - so they have opted to supply the complete unit and avoid complaints / refunds due to damage.

I made a decision to upgrade mine for LEDs, which by design necessitated removing the bulb from the holder, modifying it and then fitting the LED replacement. I'm happy with the result as I never really liked the stock halogen - especially having Xenon Bi-directional headlamps anyway. I also modified my cornering lighting which uses PH19W bulbs for LEDs - and that works brilliantly in the country lanes where I live:

viewtopic.php?t=58411

But going back to your DRLs - you have to consider 10 years use with these bulbs in operation all the time during the day is not bad use to be honest. If you are not fussed about having them working - just disable them from the car lighting menu. It's not an MOT requirement to have these working for the year of manufacture, so there are no worries there. But if you want them working, then time to blow the dust off the wallet. :-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

£13:50 from Amazon complete.

There are LEDs but as James has said they may need dropping resistors which would compromise the brightness.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

... and you can't just drop LEDs in - they have to be moulded into the existing holder and the plastic shaved off to ensure a tight fit, plus the pins tend to be a bit close together, meaning you can't force them in or they will split. Most of the decent compatible LEDs with G4 pins (that are about £20-25 a pair) already have built in resistance, so should be fine.

Marc
Filberton

Post by Filberton »

Hi, if any help, I have just changed my left DRL. The new bulb was a Valeo bought through EBay for £20. Did it with my Indie mechanic without bumper removal from beneath by removing the wheel shield, removed the horns then was able to rotate the old bulb with a long Torx and then pulled the bulb out with extended snipe-nose pliers (they were about 10 inches long)

The parking sensor volume CAN be altered with separate levels for front and rear from 1 to 7 This can be done through MiraScripts under RTxSET.COM under “View/modify Audio” section. Worth checking.

MiraScripts and instructions are available on-line and are free if you do not have access to a Lexia. They can be edited on an ordinary computer

I have also used MiraScript to activate the RCA sockets in the glovebox(Dealer said it couldn’t be done!).

I have also enabled video option (which can then play films or connect to such as a reversing camera).

I have also enabled the CDAutochange option which has allowed me to fit a 3.5mm input jack and a Bluetooth module so I can now connect my mobile phone to the audio system - With or without any wires. (It also has allowed me to put a USB input in to the centre arm rest for music etc. from a memory stick. Again, the dealer said this can’t be done but...oh yes it can.

Ps MiraScripts can also be used to enable DRLs and other bits.

Hope this helps folk.

Mike
Current: C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDI Manual (2008)
C3 Puretech 1.2 Feel (2017)

Previous: Citroen C5 mk1 2.0 HDI,
Peugeots 407, 406, 406,205,309, 306 Meridian, 306 L, Peugeot 207L 1.4 manual (2003)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Filberton wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 20:01

The parking sensor volume CAN be altered with separate levels for front and rear from 1 to 7 This can be done through MiraScripts under RTxSET.COM under “View/modify Audio” section. Worth checking.

MiraScripts and instructions are available on-line and are free if you do not have access to a Lexia. They can be edited on an ordinary computer

I have also used MiraScript to activate the RCA sockets in the glovebox(Dealer said it couldn’t be done!).

I have also enabled video option (which can then play films or connect to such as a reversing camera).

I have also enabled the CDAutochange option which has allowed me to fit a 3.5mm input jack and a Bluetooth module so I can now connect my mobile phone to the audio system - With or without any wires. (It also has allowed me to put a USB input in to the centre arm rest for music etc. from a memory stick. Again, the dealer said this can’t be done but...oh yes it can.

Ps MiraScripts can also be used to enable DRLs and other bits.

Hope this helps folk.

Mike
Sorry, but this is incorrect as far as the OP is concerned Mike.

Mirascripts only work on the RT* systems NOT on the RD4 or any of the Harman Becker units which the OP has (RD4) - which is why we ask for the VIN.

So all the above can be ignored - it is not applicable.

Furthermore, we don't advocate using third party software, as there are certain options that can be changed that will potentially leave a car inoperable if certain features are enabled that are not supposed to be. You obviously have a different head unit in your car - many of which can be upgraded to support CD changers and USB - but only if the original system supports it - simple as that. These options can be telecoded using Diagbox.

Marc