Smokey Dispatch Mk2

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AnthonyExeter
My Cars: Citroen Dispatch

Re: Smokey Dispatch Mk2

Post by AnthonyExeter »

ah thats cool having a list like that.. Thanks, i'll give it a go
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 118k one of two? remaining
'97 306 1.6 XS, 24k, The ex-Haynes "Max Power" display car. Bought after being written off & stripped, now being rebuilt without the wide body
('96 ZX 1.9TD SX, ??k roller due to collect at weekend)

Post by ekjdm14 »

Just coming into this as a fresh set of eyes, I would not expect to see 14psi of manifold pressure at idle (That would mean the turbo is doing 1bar without even touching the accelerator!)

Can you read the data with the engine switched off (ignition on) at all? If it's still showing 14psi then I'd suspect the sensor or its wiring.
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 118k
'97 306 XS 1.6i, Blaze Yellow, 24k
'96 ZX SX 1.9TD rolling shell, White, ??k
AnthonyExeter

Post by AnthonyExeter »

Isn't the sensor just reading ambient pressure? I don't think it zeros at ambient so it should be showing 14psi.
I put a hose on the sensor this afternoon and sucked on it to see if it was working, when i sucked on it the inlet pressure dropped but the Vacuum/boost pressure gauge changed when i blew down it, the inlet pressure gauge went up too.
AnthonyExeter

Post by AnthonyExeter »

Here's a little video I tried to take. smoke doesn't show up well but you can kinda get a feel. It's really thick when under acceleration but clears when constant. it does smoke on and off quite bad when driving slowly.
Would a dodgy EGR valve cause this or maybe a bad injector? idle seems fairly smooth and if I rev in neutral I get a little puff of smoke but nothing much.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TXBrxsbvU9hAP3fs8
AnthonyExeter

Post by AnthonyExeter »

update time. cleared codes and went for a longish drive. still smoking like a train when accelerating but the only fault code coming up is P1351
no P0299 at the moment

Boost is going up to 18ish psi under acceleration and Vacuum at idle is 0.7-1.0