Xsara II 2.0 HDI 90 Fuelling Issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave_xsara
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: Xsara 2.0HDi 90

Re: Xsara II 2.0 HDI 90 Fuelling Issues

Post by dave_xsara »

Thanks Marc - sorry late night browsing does not produce sane results.

However, the reason I ask this is if you read through this thread again (I don't really recommend it though) the P0110 fault existed before I switched in the lower price non OEM MAF. Hence why I was trying to figure out if it was possible that the circuit was at fault. However, I had done some testing on it at the time and could not see anything wrong.

I suppose the possibililty is that the old MAF was goosed and hence producing P0110 and by replacing it with a below par MAF then P0110 has remained. Likely?

Why does P0110 show the coolant temp and the fuel temp? Why not intake temp compared to the temp taken from wing mirror for the display unit?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I think the issue here is that the OBD codes for the diesels only came out in more detail from about 2004 (earlier in 2001 for petrol engines). So I have nothing coming up for this engine on that code. Unfortunately I don't have an injection wiring diagram given the year for this specific engine variant.

The info showing on the screen shot is not specifically to do with the fault code - it is just showing the related data from other sensors. The temperature sensor on the wing mirror is just an ambient temperature sensor and has no connection to the engine ECU.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
dave_xsara
(Donor 2021)

Post by dave_xsara »

So, at the start of all this I read the Air Temperature reading from the live data ('Main Parameters 2') and cross-referenced it with the air temp on the display - they should be similar give or take a few degrees. I appreciate the car systems will not be doing this as these signals are isolated from each other, but it would give me a feeling of where things are.

From the image on the first page, I'd find it hard to believe the temperature here was 24 deg on the 6th October. In fact, I just checked and it was max 14 deg.
I believe this is the correct signal to be monitoring for the IAT The dash display temp is via BSI interface.
I had noted at the time in that post that the dash display value was in line with expected value - which would have been ~14deg.

The question therefore is why would that car think that 24deg is not a plausible value? Not expecting any answers, I'm going over this again to rethink what I checked and didn't check.

I've been driving all week so I'll stick the Lexia on again this weekend and see if the cleaning has done anything for this fault - or switched it out for a different fault now that the EGR pipework has been cleaned and the car has had a chance to put a few miles on. Failing that, looks like a new MAF required - which is a non-refundable item AFAIK so I'd like to be sure, although can't really see what else I can try.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You are protected by distance selling regs., so you can return it within 14 days. The process is that you must (within 14 days) inform the seller of your intention to return it, and then you have another 14 days in which to send it back - and the law requires you are refunded. However, unless the part is faulty, you will likely have to pay the postage to send it back. and make sure you keep the original packing as intact as you can.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
dave_xsara
(Donor 2021)

Post by dave_xsara »

7: Cancellation and returns

Cancellation or returns must be confirmed to us by email or telephone within 14 days of delivery. You must also return the product(s) to us immediately within 14 working days, in the same condition in which you received them, unused and intact, including the original packing, the products must not have been fitted. Products to be returned at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession.

You could say how would they know...
dave_xsara
(Donor 2021)

Post by dave_xsara »

Using a hairdryer I was able to raise and lower the air temperature displayed on the lexia by blowing warm air in before the MAF.
So this indicates that the circuitry is okay and functioning. Looks like a new MAF is indeed required. I'm totally lost as to what could need checked.