A quick cruise stalk question.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: A quick cruise stalk question.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so you can't enable the Speed Limiter function without replacing the accelerator pedal and the loom - as this is required to bypass the system in emergencies - so forget that realistically. As for cruise, you should be able to fit the stalk, but when using Diagbox or Planet to configure the ECU and the BSI to add the cruise function, make sure you select cruise only option and disable the limiter function. 6242Z9 is the part for the build date of your 207.

It will only operate at speeds of 30 MPH and above in 4th / 5th gear.

If it doesn't work, you can return the stalk and have lost nothing but time.

LittleOldSuzi

Post by LittleOldSuzi »

Thanks Marc, I will post back when I have tried it.

LittleOldSuzi

Post by LittleOldSuzi »

Almost there. Enabled cruise only in ECU and BSI and the symbols appear on the dashboard. I can't activate cruise though and the speed dashes start flashing when I try. The break pedal is working fine on live data but the clutch pedal is stuck on pressed. Silly thing is I can't find the clutch switch on the pedal. Is it in the engine bay or something strange or am I being blind?

Cheers.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so bear in mind the Left hand to right hand conversion - so the toe bracket assembly is carried over into the passenger side - behind the trim at the back of the footwell. This is where the brake switch assembly should be.

The clutch switch is item (8) on the first diagram - but is not shown on the second diagram which is the Toe Board assembly.
207 Clutch Switch.PNG
207 Toe Board.PNG

LittleOldSuzi

Post by LittleOldSuzi »

Sorted now thanks. :) :) :)

For anyone else that gets this I cheated slightly but it fixed it for me and it might for you. If you disconnect the clutch cable from the pedal then the pedal it is totally free. Lifting it higher than it can normally go with the cable attached returns a 'released' on PP2000. I simply worked it on and off for a minute or 2 and clipped the cable back on. Now works as it should so I am guessing it was just stuck/dirty contacts and they are fine now. Next week I will be ordering a new clutch switch most likely but happy for now. Thanks again....

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

It could well be worth using some proper contact cleaner on the switches. I use Servisol, as I have found it to be reliable. Don't use normal WD40, as this is just a water dispersant.