How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so as I said at the beginning these are all symptoms that I explained could happen.

You need Duagbox or somebody with it or a dealer to do this for you. It involves configuring the BSI to represent the correct options fitted to your car. but you need to know what you are doing. Yes you can buy a kit for £120 ish and will need a laptop (recommended Windows 7 32 Bit) and plenty of patience.

Mirascripts I can't help you with as this can cause a lot of problems if you run it without knowing what you are doing and we don't support that here.

I can recommend a UK supplier for a Lexia kit & Diagbox that a lot of members use and although we are not affiliated, there is a discount for FCF members - see the link here from the Diagnostics section:

viewtopic.php?t=60113

This consists of the VCI hardware clone and the Diagbox software for newer vehicles circa >2007 that also contains the older Lexia and Peugeot Planet 2000 software encapsulated for the older vehicles circa <2007.

The manual Bluetooth Echo software fix I didn't mention before as it involves file editing and that again is something I won't go into on this Forum for obvious reasons - but you've obviously got that prepared, so no worries.

And lastly, NO, you cannot hash about files from the old SD card to the new one - that is not where the data is stored. The configuration is made directly on the vehicle's master computer (the BSI), which requires Diagbox (as we are not discussing Mirascripts of course).

If you decide to purchase Diagbox which you can sue on PSA cars, then I might be able to help you configure the parameters when you get to that stage. I have your VIN so should be able to tell you the correct values to enter in the right places.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
D0Z3R2K4
My Cars: Citroen DS4 2.0 Sport

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

Yes I'll order a box tonight..

I would appreciate any help reconfiguring the damn thing lol

Just looking at getting a discount from you
D0Z3R2K4

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

Am I to assume this is all I need?

https://www.easydiagnostics.co.uk/produ ... ostics-kit

Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, that's the one Darren.

I've replied to your PM regarding the discount.

When you have this installed, let me know nearer the time and I should be able to help you with the configuration.

Marc
D0Z3R2K4

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

GiveMeABreak -

that's all gone through and ordered this morning [-o< , ill give you a shout when it arrives :mrgreen: - need to dig out my old laptop and put a 32bit version of windows on it ready for the software lol #-o :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, just stick to V7.58 when installing for now. Don't install V8, just keep to V7. Reason being there are a lot of features removed in later versions and this may impede on manual telecoding (which we will be doing) to correct the vehicle parameters.

Let me know if you need a hand. Any Diagbox issues - check out or create a post in the Diagnostics Sub-Forum:

viewforum.php?f=51

Marc
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Might I suggest you see how long the laptop lasts when running on the battery? When you have the interface connected it is a bit power hungry, so the longer the battery lasts the better.

I can tell you that DiagBox will run under Windows 7 (32bit), as I am using that on my netbook. Do try to make sure the O/S is updated as far as possible.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
D0Z3R2K4

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 09 Jan 2020, 11:56 Might I suggest you see how long the laptop lasts when running on the battery? When you have the interface connected it is a bit power hungry, so the longer the battery lasts the better.

I can tell you that DiagBox will run under Windows 7 (32bit), as I am using that on my netbook. Do try to make sure the O/S is updated as far as possible.
i have an extension lead i can trail out to car- so that wont be an issue

and yes going to install windows 7 32bit

Jim was very helpful :)
D0Z3R2K4

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 09 Jan 2020, 11:18 Ok, just stick to V7.58 when installing for now. Don't install V8, just keep to V7. Reason being there are a lot of features removed in later versions and this may impede on manual telecoding (which we will be doing) to correct the vehicle parameters.

Let me know if you need a hand. Any Diagbox issues - check out or create a post in the Diagnostics Sub-Forum:

viewforum.php?f=51
will do - Jim was very helpful too :)
D0Z3R2K4

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

Hi GiveMeABreak its all arrived I've set up the laptop and installed so far up to 7.57 as that's what's been given to me - I have searched and I can find other updates and i have a disk to 8.17

just got to attach the device and install drivers ect - but pretty much ready to go :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I was in the middle of posting a few hours ago when we had power cuts - it's force 10 from Navarone here at the moment....

7.57 should be more than adequate, as that covers vehicles up to October 2014 and your DS4 was built March 2012.

Make sure you take a copy of your licence file (APPDIAG.SYS) once updated to 7.57 located in: 'C:\AWROOT\BIN\FI\)'. Should it become deactivated, you can copy this back to the same location to reactivate it without reinstalling.

Once you have got everything sorted, make sure the laptop is fully charged and that the USB ports are not allowed to go to sleep (check advanced power settings and ensure USB Selected suspend is turned off). Load up Diagbox and connect the VCI to your diagnostic port, switch the ignition on and select your model DS4, from the menu and it should try and detect the correct one from the VIN.

If you get past this stage, run a 'Global Test', and follow instructions. Allow it to run through all the systems and detect the ECUs. Don't panic when the ESP warning light comes on - this is normal as it interrogates all the ECUs.

When it has finished, you will see a list of items. Scroll down until you find the Head Unit ECU (probably RNEG) or similar. When you have selected that, confirm the option, and you will see a sub-menu. You are looking for the configuration / Parameters - manual configuration NOT automatic!

When you get this screen up, from the top, take a screen shot of each page, (don't worry about the overlap of any parameters - better to duplicate some than miss any), do this until you reach the end of the screen.

You then need to post the screenshots up here (use the full post option and the attachments button, then attach the screenshots one by one.

When I have these, I can look at the options that are set against your factory configuration and advise you what, if anything, needs changing.

Bu t do be VERY careful about pressing or doing anything you ar not certain about, as anything changed can have a detrimental effect on the vehicle if something is enabled that should not be. Guidance here:

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=60600

I'll keep a look out.

Marc
D0Z3R2K4

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

Awesome... I'm under your complete control.. I won't change a thing unless prompted to do so

So once I have screen shots.. I'll just disconnect until I hear from you. Then follow the process once again and update any recommendations.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That would be my suggestion to be honest, as I can see exactly what you have configured, then I can compare with the correct factory options, and tell you what you need to change. Well, that's the plan anyway! :-D

It's best I see exactly what is there currently first of all, without adding anything into the mix as it were... :wink:

Marc
D0Z3R2K4

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

So it will see the current config as it stands (cfuddled)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So I can see the current config!

It can be easy to inadvertently change something, so a good idea to just take the current configuration parameters as they are. Don't forget the recent firmware upgrade is likely to have reset some options to default values - hence your problems. If I can see these as they are before you attempt to change anything then i can see immediately what is wrong from your snapshots.

There are certain values that must be configured a certain way for certain models and with certain trim level and optional equipment. If that makes sense.

Marc