How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

trucic

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by trucic »

Finally… :)
Everything went fine after serious formatting of usb drive… I have been suspicious that something have been about that and tried with a program called ‘EaseUS Partiotion Master’… it’s a free program, formating took a while, but my USB 3.0 Kingston traveller USB succeded at a first rry… after formating, I have just copied FW files to it… haven’t cleared anything (System Volume Information) and voila… system have loaded, partitions were made and files copied to nee Verbatim 16GB microSD… total process took aprox. 30 mins…
As far as I can see there is some mess with Setup and TA messages buttons, but I hope that Mirascript data file will recover that…gps location is Ok, Parking sensors are OK, Radio is working, NAV needs maps… that will leave for tommorow, because I’am totally exhausted now…
Thanks again - I can confirm that method in post one solves problem with system crash and that microsd card can’t last forever(in my case aprox. 10 years…)!
Best regards
trucic

Post by trucic »

Update… everything looks right now - I have just returned my previous car settings via Mirascript… haven’t yet loaded maps, but will do it in few days… cheers!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There you go - usually a problem with the other elements like media - that's why it wasn't able to read what was on your USB and kept reverting to CD check.

Well done, you got there in the end.

When everything is up and correct, take another back up of the user settings and keep those safe somewhere for future.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
trucic

Post by trucic »

Thanks again for ideas and tutorial on page one…
I will strongly recommend to everyone with a same problem to act asap, because it’s very hard to take user data from faulty card by time… I’ve been almost two days by the car, to get them on my USB via Mirascript… my microsd was able to load system on screen one in 100 tries and with time that will be totally impossible to catch…
And that is MUST, because now I have totally functional system without anything not working properly…
I have stored those data on two separate places and backuped it via email… like some kind of treasure! :)
Top pup

Post by Top pup »

Top pup wrote: 20 Jul 2023, 17:15 Thanks for the help so far.

So I have so far replaced the microSD Card and managed to install the version 2.80 software. This has all worked fine.
I have then used a USB to run mirascripts and reinstall the user files, I think this has worked, however I now have no sound, as it has the JBL system I'm guessing it is not configured correctly. Can this be done? Or is that a setting that needs to be configured at dealer level/online?
A bit of an update on this, I have managed to use mirascripts to restore the sound, took a bit of fiddling but got there in the end.
I also noticed the odometer/trip in the dash had switched to km/h, again mirascripts allowed me to re-enable the settings menu on the RT6 to change the units and language.

I'm still missing the pop up warnings on the display and the navigation info on the instruments, but again I think with some more time I will get there.
RPekka

Post by RPekka »

Quick question, do I put in a blank FAT32 MicroSD or should it have at least some files on it to work? I have DS5H4 with Magneti Marelli RT6, I think.

98 034 609 80
MM-BTEL RNEG2 CEM00
2012/11/24
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If you are replacing the MicroSD, it should be formatted to FAT32 and have NO files on it.

The Firmware 2.86b will create all the partitions and install the operating system.

Full instructions on the update process here (please read through to the end as there is certain behaviour you may think is a fault, that is actually normal):

viewtopic.php?t=75448

Marc
Mr Box

Post by Mr Box »

Hi. First off, thank you very much for this guide. I thought when I bought my 508 last year I was sold a scrapper. Between the stereo/nav/screen/reverse sensors only working now and then and the lack in mpg compared to "facts and figures" (which by the look of it is very common), and the loud clunk I get now and then manoeuvring slowly (still undiagnosed). But now I'm actually starting to enjoy the car.
So I thought I followed the guide correctly but I've lost maps and reverse sensor audio seems quieter, as far as I can tell everything else seems to of come back. Is there anything I can do to fix this.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Maps will need reinstalling - the firmware only updates the system operating software (or for reinstalling and creating partitions from a blank MicroSD card). It has nothing to do witht he map data, so you will simply need to reinstall your maps to regain mapping.

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

@ Mr Box - check your private messages regarding maps.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
henniero

From 2.21 to 2.86 seems to bricked my RT6

Post by henniero »

Hi, I'm Hendrik from Berlin, Germany.
With my problem I found this forum that looks like a really good resource for professional help.
I thought it would be a great idea to directly update my RT6 from 2.21 to 2.86.
My car is a C4 b7 from 03/2011.
The update process seems to run fine (around 50-55 min from CD-ROM). The last message on the screen is: "Product restart in [countdown] sesonds". After that it's only the well known constant boot loop with a black screen.
I read through this complete thread and bought a couple of fresh micro sd cards.
With a fresh card it will start the update again. After the media crc check it actually says on the screen partioning sd card and then goes through the rest of the process.
The endresult is always the same...Bootloop with black screen.
I tried the 2.86 from different sources, just in case. Also tried with USB Stick (much faster 20 - 25 min).
No luck.
The old SD card is readable on my PC. I backed up the user files from it. I also tried to put the user files in the correct folder manually after a reinstall on a fresh SD in the unit.
No luck.
On a french forum i found out about the microswitches on the bottom of the unit to get into bootloader mode. Sadly that also does nothing for me. When i connect power to the unit with both switches pressed the unit will not constantly reboot anymore, instead it will reboot after about 15min. During that time it is not acessing the CD-ROM drive.
I have a vm-ware with DIAGBOX. I tried to manual code the RT6. The problem is that i can't even get into the RT6 unit. In the Global Test the RT6 unit comes back with a "Connection Fault" and under Repair menu it's just greyed out.
The RT6 seems at least still receive CAN communication. In between the reboots it does actually plays out the beeps from the PDC while parking.

Sorry for the awfull long text. Maybe someone has the perfect last idea before I have to look out for a replacement unit.

Greetings Hendrik.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hendrik, read this post thoroughly:

viewtopic.php?t=75448

Marc
Lansa

Post by Lansa »

Hi there!

My neighbor has a C3 picasso (2013) with a RNEG2 (Marelli?). Radio doesn't boot and it keeps ejecting CD every ten seconds

I replaced the internal SD card with a blank one and formatted it as FAT32.

I lack the firmware to put on a USB drive or burn on a disc. Could someone kindly assist me with finding this?

Thank you kindly for your time.
henniero

Post by henniero »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 10:35 Hendrik, read this post thoroughly:

viewtopic.php?t=75448

Hi Marc.
I read your detailed update guide and went through it step by step.
With an already flashed sd card in the unit it will not start the update. I gave it an hour of time.

Then I installed a fresh 8GB SD card. With this the update starts fine and goes through roughly 4 sections
crc media check
partionining of the sd card
Loading 0..100% showing different modules
and then another 0..100% section called dbdwnld or dbupdate
after that there is the product restart countdown and then it is back to the constant reboot state with the black screen.

A global test with Diagbox states "communication error" on the telematic unit and it is greyed out and not accesible.

To my embaressement i wasn't so carefull on my very first update attempt. I actually drove the car accross town during the update.
I guess that killed it.

Greetings Hendrik
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Sorry to hear that, your unit may have other internal issues that can't be fixed with a new SD Card, which may be one reason why the system won't boot. Your only other option is a repair or replacement it would seem.

Marc