How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: RichardW

D0Z3R2K4
Posts: 49
Joined: 21 Dec 2019, 17:44

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

Hi @givemeabreak
Thanks again for your help on the matter..
Hope you had a great Christmas

My Vin VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Thanks

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 24374
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 2665

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by GiveMeABreak »

:-D Confirmed - you do have an RT6

D0Z3R2K4
Posts: 49
Joined: 21 Dec 2019, 17:44

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

I got a brand new SD card so I'll try the car reset and reload again..

D0Z3R2K4
Posts: 49
Joined: 21 Dec 2019, 17:44

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

:-D
GiveMeABreak wrote:
28 Dec 2019, 19:55
:-D Confirmed - you do have an RT6

stagwood
Posts: 7
Joined: 18 Dec 2019, 14:44

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by stagwood »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 16:30
What firmware is your current unit?

Start car, press SETUP button for about 3 seconds, then select 'radio-telephone diagnosis', then select 'Unit Description' and let me know what it says.
Hi, thanks for getting back on this issue, and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I have managed to get a look at the screen you referred me to, which version is it you need, as when i was on that it let me scroll through various options. The first one that came up was RNEG2.75.C.5.

I have all the others that were displayed, in case that isnt the right one.

Many thanks

Andy

D0Z3R2K4
Posts: 49
Joined: 21 Dec 2019, 17:44

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

Ok.....

Did the reset battery disconnect procedure.

Got New SD card fresh out packet and inserted in to drive.
Reconnected all cables
Inserted USB stick and turned the ignition to on...

Nothing... I hear the fan.. But no display nothing

Any ideas

Thanks

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 24374
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 2665

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by GiveMeABreak »

stagwood wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 10:38
GiveMeABreak wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 16:30
What firmware is your current unit?

Start car, press SETUP button for about 3 seconds, then select 'radio-telephone diagnosis', then select 'Unit Description' and let me know what it says.
Hi, thanks for getting back on this issue, and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I have managed to get a look at the screen you referred me to, which version is it you need, as when i was on that it let me scroll through various options. The first one that came up was RNEG2.75.C.5.

I have all the others that were displayed, in case that isnt the right one.

Many thanks

Andy
Ok, so you have a relatively newer version - there was at least one further update to 2.86, but this also requires the bluetooth calibration update, usually by the dealer. There are no guarantees that a firmware update will fix the problem though.

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 24374
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 2665

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by GiveMeABreak »

D0Z3R2K4 wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 14:57
Ok.....

Did the reset battery disconnect procedure.

Got New SD card fresh out packet and inserted in to drive.
Reconnected all cables
Inserted USB stick and turned the ignition to on...

Nothing... I hear the fan.. But no display nothing

Any ideas

Thanks
Did you start the car then insert the USB stick and allow it to read? it may take some time to boot

stagwood
Posts: 7
Joined: 18 Dec 2019, 14:44

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by stagwood »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 15:56
stagwood wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 10:38
GiveMeABreak wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 16:30
What firmware is your current unit?

Start car, press SETUP button for about 3 seconds, then select 'radio-telephone diagnosis', then select 'Unit Description' and let me know what it says.
Hi, thanks for getting back on this issue, and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I have managed to get a look at the screen you referred me to, which version is it you need, as when i was on that it let me scroll through various options. The first one that came up was RNEG2.75.C.5.

I have all the others that were displayed, in case that isnt the right one.

Many thanks

Andy
Ok, so you have a relatively newer version - there was at least one further update to 2.86, but this also requires the bluetooth calibration update, usually by the dealer. There are no guarantees that a firmware update will fix the problem though.
Cheers for that. I may aswell give it a try, as it is pretty mucb useless at the moment as it is.

Is that just to get the bluetooth function to work? If sox, it isn't something we regularly use

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 24374
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 2665

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by GiveMeABreak »

After the 2.86 update, (which is a major firmware update) users have reported that it resets a lot of the vehicle parameters to defaults (parking assistance, some may get a Peugeot / Citroen logo displayed) as some of these features are set in the RT6 Head Unit ECU. But additionally, the update affects the bluetooth profile and callers will get an awful echo on the other end of the phone when calling you and your mobile is connected tot he vehicle.

There is a calibration file that can be applied that alters the settings to eliminate this - so just expect this if updating to the latest firmware.

stagwood
Posts: 7
Joined: 18 Dec 2019, 14:44

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by stagwood »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 17:41
After the 2.86 update, (which is a major firmware update) users have reported that it resets a lot of the vehicle parameters to defaults (parking assistance, some may get a Peugeot / Citroen logo displayed) as some of these features are set in the RT6 Head Unit ECU. But additionally, the update affects the bluetooth profile and callers will get an awful echo on the other end of the phone when calling you and your mobile is connected tot he vehicle.

There is a calibration file that can be applied that alters the settings to eliminate this - so just expect this if updating to the latest firmware.
Ok cheers for the heads-up.

Is there any chance you can DM me with the instructions for updating the firmware? I believe i need to approach citroen for the firnware on cd? Is there any other option for obtaining it?

Cheers

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 24374
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 2665

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by GiveMeABreak »

To be honest, there is no better way to update the firmware than from an official dealer CD. Sometimes the dealers have these to update vehicles already, but will charge you time to do it which may be a lot more than asking to order the part.

The part number for the CD for the 2.86 RT6 firmware shown for the DS5 is: 9691894880. It is £12.49 inc. VAT.

There is a good reason why I suggest you update from an original dealer CD. They have some copy protection built in and downloaded versions on the internet are known to cause installation errors, where the CRC checks will get to 100% but will fail every time. In most cases where this has happened, obtaining an official CD has resulted in a fault free installation.

stagwood
Posts: 7
Joined: 18 Dec 2019, 14:44

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by stagwood »

Just thinking, i havent even checked that i definitely have the RT6. How would i know?

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 24374
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 2665

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Because you supplied me with the software version and that is for an RT6 unit Andy. I didn't need your VIN to check because of this, and also the other difference between the MyWay and eMyWay (RT6) is the the RT6 units do not have an SD card slot on the front of the unit. I know you have a DS5 and that wasn't fitted with the MyWay.

D0Z3R2K4
Posts: 49
Joined: 21 Dec 2019, 17:44

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 15:59
D0Z3R2K4 wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 14:57
Ok.....

Did the reset battery disconnect procedure.

Got New SD card fresh out packet and inserted in to drive.
Reconnected all cables
Inserted USB stick and turned the ignition to on...

Nothing... I hear the fan.. But no display nothing

Any ideas

Thanks
Did you start the car then insert the USB stick and allow it to read? it may take some time to boot
its like everything powers up the same as the driver - the usb stick lights and then goes off the same