Do diesel injector cleaners really work?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Don't know about them cleaning injectors, but Millers' Dieselclean <b>does </b>work - when they brought it out first I tried it in my BX19, and after 5 or 6 tankfuls it would go up a local 'test hill' in 4th instead of 3rd, and the cold start clatter was definitely (definately = forumese [;)]) much less.
If you go to their trade counter they will give you a technical paper on the stuff, which is actually readable.
A local HGV firm pours loads of it into their tanks before the vehicles are tested.
Those who know me know that I am totally immune to snake oil - just get me going on 'fuel cats' [}:)]
G4EIY
My Cars:

Post by G4EIY »

Never used any, but I have heard that there is a large percentace of paraffin in most of them...
I find it very easy to remove the injectors, dimantle, clean any caked or burnt deposite off the business end, then use the reverse proceedure to re install (As Haynes)!!!
You have to work in a very clean situation, making sure not to pick up any debris.
I use a straightened paper clip, with a short 90 degree bend on one end to lift out the fire rings...