My cars at rest

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Nice to see Citroen are building Berlingos to the same standard between the older and newer models, as I have a 2002 MK1 with a rusty wiper motor bracket and a rattling sun visor too........[:(!]
Jon

Post by Jon »

Ah, Ok, I'd best check mine then, I've only ever driven the thing twice as I have a very capable ZX as well. Where do I look to see this wiper motor rust?
I can't actually remember about the oil pressure light, I know that the K light and the airbag light come on when you tuen the key, no sign of a glow plug light either. I'll have to go and take a look. The last time I drove the Berlingo was down to Somerset a couple of weeks ago and I don't remember any sun visor rattles. May be I'm blessed as this is my third. (as in, 3rd time lucky???) Mind you the last one had more faults than, um, er San Andreas.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The wiper motor rust is behind/underneath the plastic scuttle panel near the n/s wiper pivot point. What bothers me about it is that the rust is where the bracket joins onto the painted bodywork, so I rather fear what will happen in a few years time....
The oil light should according to the handbook, be next to the ignition light.
By the way without wishing to be intrusive, what was Broards problem with your part ex?
Jon

Post by Jon »

"what was Broads problem with your part ex?"
mainly the dents in the o/s rear sliding door!!!! I tried to counterbalance this against the 2 day old Michelins on the front, the rent on the screen, the fact that at no point had they ever asked its condition or whether there was any damage etc etc, we argued in the road like some gypsy auction for about 20 minutes, guy claiming the door was £450 or some crap, I then pointed out that a new door was only £125 plus paint and maybe he'd like to check with Parts, also that surely Dentmaster could have worked some magic.
Good guy at Broads in Sales is Mark Sackett, he was there when I was there and I left over 10 years ago!!
Oh, and Paul Smith in the Workshop, known to all as "Rev" is a top mechanic. Good man he is.[:)]
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Oh well at least I bought mine from the 'right' salesman
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>

I tried to counterbalance this against the 2 day old Michelins on the front
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Aren't you supposed to put new tyres on the back wheels?
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Not if the front ones are bald. But seriously, yes, Michelin advise this because the greater grip promotes understeer. But as the Blingo understeers anyway, it should increase the turn in grip of the front, giving more neutral handling, so I'd say Jon has it right.
Jon

Post by Jon »

The fact that the existing front ones were right down to the wear indicators meant that 2 new ones were required. In retrospect I should have left them how they were as they were just about legal as the guy never even looked at the tyres, he just kept going on about the door!
PS the rear tyres looked like new after 20,000 miles.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

My Xantia doesn't appear to wear the rear tyres at all, my current one had the original michelins on the rear when I got it, they look a bit old (i.e. aged rubber rather than wear) so I've since swapped them to the front of the car to get rid of them...