C3 RPO number

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

discv
(Donor 2020)

Re: C3 RPO number

Post by discv »

That makes sense- the fault is stored a number of times, but sometimes it is noted as 'disappeared'
But I'm beginning to think that if lexia is not pointing me to a fault in the emissions or fuelling area, I stand virtually no chance given that I do not know/ have reference to the values I am seeing.
Matters made worse by the fact I am a bit old and disabled, and garages etc. get all hissy if I don't blindly accept that a new ECU is needed- but that may or may not solve the problem.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Certainly a new brake strap / switch is the cheaper way to go and will hopefully eliminate that. The problem you have is that as it is intermittent, it will not show up as a permanent fault - but should as you have stated show up a significant number of times in the log.

The kit is part number: 453467. A good source of these is Eurocarcare: £27 inc. VAT. plus delivery. It comes with the new switch and the loom that is also required.

Item 16 below:
C3 Brake Strap.PNG
https://www.eurocarcare.net/switches-re ... -loom.html
discv
(Donor 2020)

Post by discv »

I wonder why that loom extension is needed.
As I pick my way around and learn about lexia- does this screen shot reveal anything. E.g. Does it show that both oxygen sensors are working, and that the cat. is having some effect?
SCR 01.JPG
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There's a video explaining it here - but as your system has a Cat before the Particle Filter (which has has DPF upstream and downstream pressure sensors to determine level of blockage, it may be a different setup - so may not be completely relevant to your vehicle.