ABS fault light not clearing on Xantia Mk1

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantom

Re: ABS fault light not clearing on Xantia Mk1

Post by xantom » 13 May 2019, 15:58

Found the relay, i'm pretty sure. It was in the main engine bay fuse container. It has the appropriate pin setup and was held in with a bracket like the diagram. It clicks audibly and I can see the switch moving with the cover off. I haven't managed to check the diode yet as I'll need to do a bit of revision and research and get some wee crocodile clip connectors before I can do that. In the meantime I'm going to have a closer look at the ring on each wheel hub. I'm hoping it's just some metal contaminated muck build up or even a bit of damage. then it's just a mechanical task. Thanks for your help and I'll keep you posted.
Tom

Stewart(oily)

Post by Stewart(oily) » 15 May 2019, 22:31

Do check the reluctor rings on the front, they crack. very cheap to replace.

xantom

Post by xantom » 16 May 2019, 01:05

Thanks for all your help, guys. The problem is solved. The ABS was in need of a good overhaul with the Rear N/S U/S and the Front N/S showing the correct OHMS when static but not reacting to the wheel spinning. Taking advice to recheck the reuctor rings I discovered something I'd overlooked, can't think how. When I last changed the N/S drivesghaft I made sure I got a compatible one with 48 reluctor teeth. However, the one I got had a slightly smaller diameter Universal joint and thus a slightly smaller diameter reluctor ring, placing the sensor just over 0.5cm from the ring. Too far. Abit of magic with a cutting disc to remove the quite large spacer built into the sensor and some fine position adjustment with a thin washer and she's sorted. Even got my horn working today, so MOT as soon as I can get a slot. Don't know what I'd do without this forum.