DS5 intermittent working satnav/radio

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS5 intermittent working satnav/radio

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not all the issues are the same, but this is one of the problems as there is no hard drive in these. Replacing the Micro SD card is an option for some issues and where this is appropriate, is cheaper than sending it off for a repair. The RT units are generally very good, but the RT6 seems to have been far more problematic than any of its predecessors.

Wezo

Post by Wezo »

Hi I have the same problem with my rt6 1612068880 Citroen want £1000 +. Not paying that. I tried clarion as some people have suggested but they will not deal with public they will only deal with the main dealers. I just want a radio 🤣🙈.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Check out the post here if you haven't already - Autotronics have a good reputation for repairing these units with a relatively quick turnarround.

viewtopic.php?t=60781

Wezo

Post by Wezo »

www.autotronics.eu replaced my RT6 system for a fraction of the price came from Spain 6 days later. Very happy with it they are very helpful.

Jye26

Post by Jye26 »

Just got my RT6 back from clarion and just fitted it to my ds5. It was away for about four weeks to get refurbished it cost £595 they send a courier to collect it and post it back to you. Everything is working fine. I thought about buying a used one but you don't know what you would be getting.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Did you have to arrange the repair via Citroen then? Although Clarion did repair these for end users , all indications are that they signed an agreement with PSA to refurbish them - but only via the dealer network - so unless that has changed...

Jye26

Post by Jye26 »

No I just phoned them during lockdown so had to wait a while then emailed them direct and organised it with them. Then they phoned me for payment before it was collected

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's good to know - maybe the agreement has finished with the older systems then. I already put them up as a repairer on the telematics section:

viewtopic.php?t=60781

So useful to know they are accepting repairs direct from the public. Thanks for the update.

Kitty_sj

Post by Kitty_sj »

Hi, I have a DS3 Cabrio and have the exact same problem...did anyone manage to find a solution?

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The solution is either a new SD card or if that doesn't solve it a repair or replacement.