Sphere regassing troubles

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PeterMann
My Cars:

Post by PeterMann »

In which part of the sphere's normal service life will it experience a differential pressure? Fluid dynamics are somewhat slower in attaining equilibrium than electronics, but full sphere charge will be at play when the suspension is depressurized. In tracking the road surface, there will be a following error that would induce an element of differential pressure oscillating across the membrane. But always the two pressurized fluids will be seeking to escape through the membrane and expand their consciousness into the universe, and the process of crack propagation eventually creates a the thin end for the fluid wedge to chew upon.
noz
My Cars:

Post by noz »

Kowalski,
You seemed to have confirmed the item central to this debate ie whether the diaphragm is 'stretched' at any point in its location inside the sphere and the conclusion would seem not.
I wasn't aware that ALKO made spheres. I've searched their website but they only seem to make chassis and towing equipment. Can you post a URL for the ALKO picture?
Peter,
If I understand you correctly you are suggesting that the diaphragm experiences differential pressure when the sphere has no fluid in it? At that point the diaphragm is pressed against the inside of the lower half of the sphere. The diaphragm is in equilibrium at this point because the sphere body is providing the balancing force to counteract the force experienced due to the gas charge. Again no differential pressure is experienced across the membrane.
cheers
noz
morgaine
My Cars:

Post by morgaine »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by noz</i>
ps
anyone in Scotland needs their spheres regassed - just drop me a line
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You're not in Aberdeen are you Noz?
If not would you consider moving there? [:D]
noz
My Cars:

Post by noz »

morgaine,
no I'm not in Aberdeen, I'm in Falkirk.
No chance of moving there I'm afraid but if I can be of service just drop me a line by e-mail.
Cheers
Norrie