Citroen C5 -05 DMF to "SMF"?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen C5 -05 DMF to "SMF"?

Post by myglaren »

Is there no Valeo option?

Pappi

Post by Pappi »

myglaren wrote:
22 Apr 2019, 11:56
Is there no Valeo option?

The Valeo-kits I have seen have all been conversions to single-mass flywheel. Valeo seems to think it is a good idea to convert to SMF...

Sachs seems to make pretty good quality, been reading reviews. And they have a full kit with flywheel, clutch, screws/bolts and even grease is included. All OEN matches my car in that kit.

white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec »

The point I was making was that a conventional clutch (cover, friction plate and release bearing) would not be sold with a flywheel as part of the kit - simply because conventional flywheels do not need replacing!

That's why I said your item looked like an SMF conversion kit, not least because these have conventional sprung clutches.

Good luck with your repair.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

myglaren wrote:
22 Apr 2019, 11:56
Is there no Valeo option?';
That's the one I linked to for a Valeo clutch:
GiveMeABreak wrote:
22 Apr 2019, 10:30
Yes, we can't really comment on third party vendors - that has to be your decision - you have the Citroen part numbers, so just need to search on those.

Genuine DMF:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE- ... 4051399237

Valeo Clutch:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clutch-Kit-3 ... ctupt=true

Pappi

Post by Pappi »

Can't be bothered to read any more about flywheels and clutches, at some point it's enough and I've reached it :) Couldn't make up my mind if I should get LuK or Sachs kit for a while.

I ended up with the LuK set that includes 0532-T0 flywheel and 2052-N2 clutch-kit. They had a easter campaign with 23% off.

Thanks for all your input guys, I really appreciate it! Now I know much more about clutches n stuff :)

Now I'm just hoping the installment goes well, and I'll be driving this C5 many miles more. Will need to top up the eolys soon though. Only about a level of 10mm left in the tank... But that's another story.