Mk1 Xantia window relay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kiwifrog
Donor 2020

Re: Mk1 Xantia window relay

Post by kiwifrog »

Just tried the silicon lube, gave both side runners a liberal dose but hasnt solved the problem so will have to dig deeper

white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec »

And I was responding to OP Kwikfrog's problem #-o
Oh well, suppose you can't knock a popular thread!

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

xantia_v6 wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 23:55
I am not aware that a mk1 Xantia was ever fitted with one-touch or anti-pinch on the passengers window. Maybe someone has upgraded it?
I think that someone sent you the spec sheet for your car which should tell you.
Correct

I upgraded mine..........

white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec »

Found that although it's easy enough to spray-lubricate the upper felt guide tracks, it can be the lower sections inside the door that go stiff, so needed to get some silicone down there too.

Kwikfrog, what happens if you give the window some assistance upward - does the motor manage to move the glass, given a bit of help? Found that a few assisted workouts like this, and some generous spray on the track, got everything working again.

kiwifrog
Donor 2020

Post by kiwifrog »

Yes with a bit of assistance it will go up, I put an extension tube on the spray head of the lube can , poked it down the runners and gave it heaps. I will try it again tomorrow, failing that I will take the door panel off on the weekend and see if the lube is getting all the way down

white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec »

If it will work with a bit of assistance, my guess is that if you can eliminate the friction, it ought to resume working. The mechanism is obviously all intact.

van ordinaire
Donor 2017

Post by van ordinaire »

Sorry if I confused everyone, so perhaps I deserve to be as thoroughly confused as I am.

My only concern now Xantia is reduced to family hack status/duties & Spring is in the air is one day someone'll open the window only for it never to close again, sooooh - pull the fuse & forget!