Citroen C4 - Tyre Pressure Sensor pairing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen C4 - Tyre Pressure Sensor pairing

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, I'm back in the zone - MS and I are old friends - I always win in the end. It sneaked in some updates whist I had to disable the windows update blocker to allow a specific update I wanted using another utility - long story, but will be staying on 1909 for a long time yet I think.

Back to the issue:

Ok, so the light has obliterated the last part of the text on your last screenshots, but what I think it is saying is that to completely disabled and re-enable it, the configuration settings need to reflect the status in both the BSI and in the instrument panel ECU. So I assume both areas were disabled previously. So next locate the instrument panel ECU from the Global Test and make sure the option is enabled there.

It should then be a matter of programming them / pairing them again once this has been done.

Falka

Post by Falka »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 15:54
Ok, I'm back in the zone - MS and I are old friends - I always win in the end. It sneaked in some updates whist I had to disable the windows update blocker to allow a specific update I wanted using another utility - long story, but will be staying on 1909 for a long time yet I think.
Trust me, Linux / ubuntu is a thousand times worse. :|

GiveMeABreak wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 15:54
Back to the issue:
So I assume both areas were disabled previously. So next locate the instrument panel ECU from the Global Test and make sure the option is enabled there.
Theres no option to enable this in the instrument panel ECU. Went thru it multiple times. Intresting... Any other ideas? Its crazy how hardit is to activate it #-o

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so from V7.58 the ECUs can be tested and accessed separately - so may be worth going to 7.58 and see if you can locate it then. The Instrument panel ECU might be called COMBINE from memory...

Falka

Post by Falka »

Thanks Marc!

I updated to v7.58, stuff do look different in diagbox.
Now i got a menu option to "enable / disable the DSG system" (inside REPAIR -> DSG), but it points me to the accessories menu. Where the heck is that? I went thru most of the diag in the past 3 hours but nothing like that anywhere. :?

Edit: The Instrument panel ECU / COMBINED doesnt have anything about DSG. You can test stuff and configure what can be shown on the middle screen as info. (no dsg in there)

Pic attached.
IMG_20200803_181330.jpg

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No problem - have a look right at the beginning when Diagbox opens - it may be called CUSTOMER OPTIONS or similar (they keep changing the locations and names all the time)!

Falka

Post by Falka »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 18:01
No problem - have a look right at the beginning when Diagbox opens - it may be called CUSTOMER OPTIONS or similar (they keep changing the locations and names all the time)!
The first option is something like that. "Customer delivery" maybe, I will check that in a bit

Falka

Post by Falka »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 18:01
Well, that did it! :-D
All it took was press activate in that menu and drive 2km.
IMG_20200803_200111.jpg
IMG_20200803_200111.jpg (24.18 KiB) Viewed 17 times
In that customer delivery menu i changed my tire settings to the correct size too, wonder if that help anything.

Im very grateful for your help and time Marc!

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No problems - glad you have it sorted and working again!

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Having corrected the tyre settings could have an effect on systems that read the wheel activity. If the setting were wrong the speedo could be out (and, possibly, the milometer as well), as it is driven by looking at the ABS sensors, and not from the gearbox. However, others with more knowledge than I will be able to explain more clearly and accurately what the consequences are.