Help, please, urgent!!!!!!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

hmm ok..I am confused here. exactly what part are you trying to remove? Pic 2.. part number 3 appears to be held in position by part number 7 (shown in the box at top of pic) is releasing part 3 from part 7 the problem??
Either way if you email me at Jamesone@aol.com with your phone number and a convenient time for me to call, I will ring you and try to help as I think it will be much quicker and easier that way.. :-)
dgs
My Cars:

Post by dgs »

Hello James. I was refering to part No3 on RHD drive xantia. You just pull that part out and replace the spring. I have LHD xantia and there isn't that No3 part with spring. The spring is mounted on the brake valve. (Look at brake valve picture and spring is marked vith No7). I live in Zagreb, Croatia ( www.croatia.hr ) so it wouldn't be very cheap for you to call me but thanks anyway
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

HHmmm ok, so from the drawing of the brake valve it appears that if you remove the allen bolt (part numbered 74) and separate the two parts, the spring (part number 7) is free to be removed? it should simply fall out if you upend the unit?
dgs
My Cars:

Post by dgs »

Yes, but i live in apartment and i don't have a ramp or a pit to detach brake valve
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

How about jacking it up a bit. using something under it, like a block of some sort, then jacking it up higher with a block under the jack, adding more blocks untill its high enough? Just make sure thats its safe and wont/cant fall off the blocks you use.. :-)
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Removing the spring is impossible without seperating the two main castings, even if the rod that attaches to the footpedal was forceably removed somehow you would still be unable to remove that spring. :-(