Find the answer in the FCF..

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

mickthemaverick
Donor 2019

Re: Find the answer in the FCF..

Post by mickthemaverick »

I think the voice over may be Charles Eade, have a listen here and see what you think.
I can't find any mention of Eamonn Andrews working for Pathé so I'll go with Eade or possibly Bob Danvers-Walker.
No I was not referring to a Vespa :-D
A different form of transport to get you to the airport (almost!)

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Valmobile suitcase scooter, perchance?

mickthemaverick
Donor 2019

Hell Razor5543 wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 16:10
Not what I had in mind James, but having had another check on the map it may well have been needed for the final part of the journey. As a clue to what I was after from the FCF it is possible, no likely, that you would start your journey to the airport in New Romney!

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

mickthemaverick wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 15:14
I can't find any mention of Eamonn Andrews working for Pathé so I'll go with Eade or possibly Bob Danvers-Walker.
No I was not referring to a Vespa :-D
A different form of transport to get you to the airport (almost!)
Have a listen to Moths Mick....Eamonn did do this narration for Pathe.

https://www.britishpathe.com/video/moths/query/Eamonn

REgards Neil

mickthemaverick
Donor 2019

If you have proof that Eamonn narrated that film then I'll agree that he could well be the Vespa man too. All I could see was his name included as a search tag for the film which may well be because he narrated it, but it could be because he directed or produced it too so I have 10% doubt left in my mind. :-D

NewcastleFalcon

mickthemaverick wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 16:35
If you have proof that Eamonn narrated that film then I'll agree that he could well be the Vespa man too. All I could see was his name included as a search tag for the film which may well be because he narrated it, but it could be because he directed or produced it too so I have 10% doubt left in my mind. :-D
Try Caravans too, the more I hear that voice I hear Eamonn Andrews. Definitely not a plummy english voice!

REgards Neil

mickthemaverick
Donor 2019

Yes I'll totally agree on caravans, that's Eamonn alright (assuming Terry Wogan didn't have a former career!!). I'm down to 5% doubt but that's really because I just don't truly recognise the Vespa voice. However happy to agree with you and say it was EA!! :)

NewcastleFalcon

mickthemaverick wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 16:14
Hell Razor5543 wrote:
Not what I had in mind James, but having had another check on the map it may well have been needed for the final part of the journey. As a clue to what I was after from the FCF it is possible, no likely, that you would start your journey to the airport in New Romney!
I guess you are thinking that a ride on the Romney Hythe and Dimchurch Railway would be a prelude to meeting the girls at Lympne Airport, and James suitcase scooter may be needed for the final 3 miles or so.

Not much left of Lympnie airport although there is this to the North of the former site

http://www.ukairfieldguide.net/airfields/Lympne

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.090564, ... 6?hl=en-US

Regards Neil

mickthemaverick
Donor 2019

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 16:59
mickthemaverick wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 16:14
Hell Razor5543 wrote:
I guess you are thinking that a ride on the Romney Hythe and Dimchurch Railway would be a prelude to meeting the girls at Lympne Airport, and James suitcase scooter may be needed for the final 3 miles or so.

Not much left of Lympnie airport although there is this to the North of the former site

http://www.ukairfieldguide.net/airfields/Lympne

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.090564, ... 6?hl=en-US

Regards Neil
Quite right Neil, that is exactly what I was thinking of!!

We've certainly got some mileage out of Peter's picture but I wonder how far you would get on a Vespa today before giving in to the elements, softees that we have become!! :-D

NewcastleFalcon

Love Peter's travelling outfit Mick, priceless!

I agree on Peter's picture.. and more POTD regulars needed :-D Every picture tells a story, while you and me just need a slight lead in to happily delve away and make up our own :-D

Regards Neil

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

A fiver in 1952 wasn't small change. Encouraging if unlikely to see girls being so independent back then.
Cheesy double entendres though. Malcolm would have howled.

NewcastleFalcon

Where would you find the people of the Beltane, who are they, and what would they allegedly be doing?

Regards Neil

mickthemaverick
Donor 2019

Given that the answer is in the FCF the best offer I have so far can be found here
Spoiler: show
More generally I would expect to find a group of pagans celebrating Mayday, maybe with a maypole etc. Specifically all the questions are answered here

NewcastleFalcon

mickthemaverick wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 20:29
Given that the answer is in the FCF the best offer I have so far can be found here
Spoiler: show
More generally I would expect to find a group of pagans celebrating Mayday, maybe with a maypole etc. Specifically all the questions are answered here
Interesting stuff Mick but the route to the answer is on POTD today....have a look at the posts and see if the penny drops......If it doesnt I will help!

REgards Neil

bobins
Donor 2020

Post by bobins »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 20:01
Where would you find the people of the Beltane, who are they, and what would they allegedly be doing?

Regards Neil
They'd be straddling a white swan.
......Each to their own :lol: