Reversing lights upgrade?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Reversing lights upgrade?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It may be more expensive if the right one has the LED drivers inside or additional control electronics. Beware there are 3 lots of light clusters - that look similar, but the others are not LED units. Breakers are also pretty clued up these days on parts prices, so if they have done their homework, don't expect to get one for a fiver! :-D They may well charge £200-300 if they know the cost of the originals....
WillyR

Post by WillyR »

OK, your suggestion regarding the drivers etc sounds good. My car-breaker boy is usually OK, but rest assured I won't be paying more than £20-£30 or my investigation will grind to a premature halt.

Probably best to look for a damaged one. I only want to see how easily - or if - mine can be modified. :geek:

Will
citroenguy
Donor 2021

Post by citroenguy »

Here in dark Sweden it is pretty popular to put this sort of (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/48W-Super-Br ... 0obHQTkpTQ only an example there might be better ones) under the rear bumper/on tow bar.
I've also put upgraded led "bulbs" in my reversing lights works a treat.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

A supplementary light may be better - but his reversing lamps 'bulbs' can't be replaced - they are actual LEDS and part of a module.

You would have to be very careful with wiring anything into these later C4 Picasso (B78) vehicles that have a full CAN architecture, or it may have a detrimental affect on other systems. :wink:
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

citroenguy wrote:
09 Feb 2020, 09:36
Here in dark Sweden it is pretty popular to put this sort of (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/48W-Super-Br ... 0obHQTkpTQ only an example there might be better ones) under the rear bumper/on tow bar.
I've also put upgraded led "bulbs" in my reversing lights works a treat.
That's exactly what I've done, using the exact same lamp wired to the towbar electrics.
It's absolutely superb (although technically illegal in the UK as I've a total of three reversing lights).