C4 AC Blower Fixed, but is there a way to add a delay?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Valleriani
My Cars: 2005 Citroen C4

Re: C4 AC Blower Fixed, but is there a way to add a delay?

Post by Valleriani »

white exec wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 12:05 " However I've read that people put a 5-10 second delay on this to prevent the fan from starting up faster then it should. "
Remind me again why you wanted to do this.
Was it to achieve a delayed start, or a gentle one?
Just interested, because it is an unusual thing to do.

Gentle one. I read that when people splice these two wires that it starts the blower immediately and might hurt the ignition switch/etc. I don't like this myself but at the time it was a easy solution as they want a arm and a leg to replace this at a shop. It's not so pleasant specially when snow is coming soon here apparently. Started at a crummy time.
GiveMeABreak wrote:Just checked back and no special installation instructions - so just be very careful with the connector pins and connections and you should be fine.
Alright thanks, I'll take it easy and take the time to deal with it. I'll probably get one within a week or so as I suspect it is the BSM based on this little 'hack' working and previous posts I've read. This wasn't really a long term solution but if I can pick up one for that cheap it's not really a problem.

What I know of the two wires is both pins are outputs, one to the air conditional motor control, the other to +APC. I guess since I'm giving it power to the output on both ends it's pretty much working as normal since there's a fault with one of the relays there (that apparently cannot be removed and comes out with the whole BSM)
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

If you wanted to try a soft start, this might be of interest...

supplier:
[url]https://plumladen.com/en/electronics-an ... ct-25.html?

I don't have any experience of the device, nor how it might work on the C4.
Could be that the car's fan speed controller already has some soft-start features in place, and that with decent fusing, it would work satisfactorily.
Info about just for interest.
Chris
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Look up circuits using the 555 timer IC.
A couple of resistors and capacitors, a diode and a relay and you're sorted!
Otherwise, just add a relay to the ignition switch circuit to protect the switch.
Valleriani

Post by Valleriani »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 12:11
Valleriani wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 01:31
GiveMeABreak wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 22:36 Here's one on ebay UK for £45!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-C4-2 ... :rk:1:pf:0

Oh that's very cheap actually there.

When you replace the full fusebox what is involved overall? Would it involve alot of messing about (aka taking it to the shop instead) or is it mostly a wire swap job after you get the replacement part?
Just checked back and no special installation instructions - so just be very careful with the connector pins and connections and you should be fine.

Hey there.

I first went to my large used parts store to see if they had the part today. They wanted the specific number of the part (9658539680) and then claimed they didn't have it 'anywhere in Sweden in their stores'. He said none of the others will fit and you should get the exact number. Don't know how true this is or not but I just want to clarity.

The part you linked (now at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-C4-2 ... :rk:1:pf:0) has a ID of 966405878002. The thing I'm worried about is that the wires placement do look different from mine. I'd assume if I did get a different one I'd need to make sure that if I replace the connectors to make sure everything correct which isn't a real problem. I just want to make sure that it's actually valid mostly.

Or is it an option just finding the same one like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PSA-PEUGEOT- ... :rk:6:pf:0 or https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S118983006-M ... :rk:1:pf:0

Thanks!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I think we are talking about 2 different things!

966405878002 is body control module!

I was referring to the heater blower control module:
Unfortunately that listing ended - but the correct part is 6441S7

Here's another link to a HELLA one, similar price. Yes absolutely correct to get the right part - this listing currently shows the correct part :-D
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heater-Blowe ... :rk:1:pf:0

I can only advise on the PSA part from their own database.

If you are talking about something else, then best to start a new thread so we don't get confused.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Valleriani

Post by Valleriani »

Ahhh! I guess I got mixed up then. I'll see if I can grab one of those then. I'm pretty sure I can find those fairly easily here. My bad. We were talking about it on page 1 though (the fuse box you linked.) and the possibility of changing that too.
David56
My Cars: Grand C4 Picasso 2013 - not the newer shape

Post by David56 »

Hi Valleriani i was just windering if yout could advise a abit further on the two wires to bringke with a fuse, do you take off the oval plug and bridge the terminals within the plug or the two prongs that is on the fuse board. if the two ports on the fuse board do you just leave the plug off ? any help will really be appreciated as having the exact same heater blower issue and finding it difficult to diagnose. many thanks