Replacement bulbs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: Replacement bulbs

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I believe in law you're liable for the return post for change of mind, not faulty, goods Mike depending on the sellers terms but re-stocking fees are illegal in all circumstances.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

I accept the mistake was mine but they didn't have to waste money sending it if they cancelled the order when I asked.
Instead I was told once it's passed the "print queue" it cannot be cancelled, despite it still being in their warehouse.

So I refused the delivery as advised, apologised to postie for the wasted journey and watched the tracking info of it being returned to sender.

I'll submit a refund claim and if they want to argue specifics, I'll let Paypal deal with it. Like Van, I'm not willing to waste my free time on people who are paid to obstruct me.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You're entitled to a full refund less any return postage costs if the item wasn't faulty - but I doubt they can legally charge a restocking fee.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

I didn't think you had any remedy if you changed your mind but are dependent on the merchant's goodwill but I find most are in ignorance or denial of their responsibilities when the item is faulty, when you are not obliged to return it (even if they provide a pre-paid return label - the onus is entirely on them) but most seem insist you send it back before they will consider the complaint. e.g.I have just paid £3 to send a phone to the manufacturer's repair centre, at THEIR request - although my complaint was about the merchant's poor description!

The replacement phone, from another source, was supposed to be in Glasgow (which perhaps it was - but it never occurred to me that might be a place in China) & they also lied about the delivery date &, when pressed, came up with a fatuous excuse for the delay. Negative feedback resulted in an offer of a 20% refund, recently increased to 50% - BUT, despite assurances this will be dealt with promptly, it has become obvious it would only be to PayPal a/c! Now told them that 110% refund wouldn't be enough, if I could make my feedback more damning I would & will be referring it to eBay's resolution centre. Unfortunately, in reality, I don't think I've got the stamina to explore that route - or even take it up with my credit card provider. Of course this is what these crooks rely on, because they know the buyer's resolve will weaken when exercising one's rights is just too much like hard work.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Under the consumer regulations Van you can change your mind and return goods bought online (distance selling) even if there's no fault in the product or the description, if you report the matter within 14 days of its arrival, after reporting it you then get another 14 days in which to return it.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consu ... e-bought/
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'99 Cadillac Seville STS

Post by van ordinaire »

Oh yes, I'd quite forgotten about the "distance selling" provisions - wouldn't like to rely on them though. It's a great pity that failure to comply with obligations under consumer protection legislation isn't a criminal offence - we might actually get some satisfaction then!
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's actually the 'Consumer Contract Regulations' now that came into force from 13th June 2014. These give you new rights for on-line sales. Anything prior to this date was covered under the 'Distance Selling Regulations'.

Plenty of info here Van if you want to get the low down:
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... egulations

Marc
Sloppysod
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroens
1 x GS, 1 x GSX (Banger raced), 1 x GSA,
2 x CX Famililles, 1 x CX GTI,
BX, XM, Xantia, C5 Mk1,
C4 (Coupe), C4 (B7),
C5 (X7)

Renault
R4 Van
Fuego
Clio Campas

Post by Sloppysod »

van ordinaire wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 01:17 I didn't think you had any remedy if you changed your mind but are dependent on the merchant's goodwill but I find most are in ignorance or denial of their responsibilities when the item is faulty, when you are not obliged to return it (even if they provide a pre-paid return label - the onus is entirely on them) but most seem insist you send it back before they will consider the complaint. e.g.I have just paid £3 to send a phone to the manufacturer's repair centre, at THEIR request - although my complaint was about the merchant's poor description!

The replacement phone, from another source, was supposed to be in Glasgow (which perhaps it was - but it never occurred to me that might be a place in China) & they also lied about the delivery date &, when pressed, came up with a fatuous excuse for the delay. Negative feedback resulted in an offer of a 20% refund, recently increased to 50% - BUT, despite assurances this will be dealt with promptly, it has become obvious it would only be to PayPal a/c! Now told them that 110% refund wouldn't be enough, if I could make my feedback more damning I would & will be referring it to eBay's resolution centre. Unfortunately, in reality, I don't think I've got the stamina to explore that route - or even take it up with my credit card provider. Of course this is what these crooks rely on, because they know the buyer's resolve will weaken when exercising one's rights is just too much like hard work.

1. I bought a phone (LG G2)from China, it would not turn on after a month of ownership, I asked Ebay to step in and return postage was paid by Ebay, who I would imagine got it back from the seller, I got a full refund for phone about a month later.l
  • 2. Also I bought some parking sensors from someone in China, when I asked to return them I was sent an address in California(!!), again after asking Ebay for help, full refund and I kept the items, which went straight in the bin. so it pays to keep up the pressure, make sure all correspondence goes through Ebay/Paypal
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes absolutely - everything must go via ebay when dealing with disputes - although copies can optionally be sent you your email too.

Another example - I recently bought an item - but when searching through the listings, I purposefully used the filters to ensure that only items in the UK or the EU were returned. Sure enough the item said location UK and had all the British flags, but the item was delayed and the seller took over a day to reply to any messages. When the item had not arrived after a week, I got suspicious and did some more digging. It turned ou the items was coming from Chine (Hong Kong)! They actually only used a dummy or registered UK address (probably shared between companies) for the purposes of getting round the UK selling restriction. It turned out the company was actually based in China and hence the delay. An item should not have take 5 working days from the UK. The tracking number also didn't work until near the day of eventual delivery that told me it was not in the UK.

I complained about this and how I specifically had not wanted an item from the Far East because of the time constraints for the job I needed to do.

I complained that this practice was wrong and that it contravened ebay's selling rules, I was offered a refund or a dispute via PayPal. I had PayPal rule in my favour after showing them the original screenshots of the item location description and of the seller's address being abroad. They also got a black mark against them for misleading buyers and contravening ebay seller regs. When the item arrived it was also faulty so went back to their UK address and ebay paid up for the postage.

So you are pretty well covered on 2 fronts from eBay and PayPal and I've never had an issue as yet.

Marc
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'99 Cadillac Seville STS

Post by van ordinaire »

Just, literally, tried to use eBay's resolution centre: absolutely useless!!!! Still I know for future reference to ignore their own advice to try to resolve the issue with the seller first.
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Never had a problem myself.

Peter
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Peter.N. wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 23:09 Never had a problem myself.

Peter

Nor me!
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'99 Cadillac Seville STS

Post by van ordinaire »

Sorry guys but I still think it's rubbish AND that's after being notified I would be getting a full refund - to my (closed) PayPal a/c! I asked them "to step in" (as they, rather charmingly, put it) because it seemed the seller would only pay the refund we'd already agreed to a PayPal a/c. Ironically the only party that comes out of this well IS PayPal, because hard on the heels of the e-mail from eBay was one from PayPal explaining that,within a few days, the refund would be credited to the credit card I'd used for the purchase.

I WAS warned that one had to know how to use the resolution centre to benefit from it but I was new to this, naive & without the benefit of Kafka in my literature studies. I wish I'd known all this before, it'd saved me £3 postage on the 1st phone - but I might try my luck with the 2nd one because, best of all, I don't need them now as, just as I was getting ready to leave for London last afternoon, quite by chance I found my "spare" phone on the roof of the parts Cherokee, where it'd been for about a month! AND, yes, despite one VERY wet weekend & heavy rain Saturday night, an overnight charge saw it fully operational again :-D

Thanks for your help though, I wouldn't have known where to begin without.
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You should of kept your PayPay A/C open long enough for the refund to go through.

Sellers can only refund back to the same payment method. That can be a credit or debit card that is linked to your PayPal account. All the seller sees is the limited details that PayPal provide and they just make the payment back to the same account. They have no sight of your debit or credit card or any other info about you. That is why it is the preferred method of dealing with these smaller sellers and is more secure, as you don’t hand over card details.

Marc
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'99 Cadillac Seville STS

Post by van ordinaire »

Sorry Marc, you're missing the point: I bought it on my credit card (having closed my PayPal a/c probably at least a year ago) - but they would only refund to a PayPal a/c.

PayPal was never my preferred method of payment (I closed my a/c because it served no purpose, in fact, had long forgotten what possessed me to open it in the first place) so thanks for the explanation of why it is reckoned to be "a good thing". Personally I'm still of the view it's just another layer, an unnecessary complication, when the money's still going to come out of your credit card/bank a/c. However, I will now concede it may not be pointless (to buyers), as I previously thought.

All in all, quite enlightening - but I won't willingly be using eBay again, unless I don't really have any choice!
'96 Cadillac Eldorado