C4GP Gearbox, noise, wont start & Video

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chefslot
My Cars: Grand Picasso C4

Re: C4GP Gearbox, noise, wont start & Video

Post by Chefslot »

Delvey wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 16:07 How hard was it getting the EGS box out?

Mate i'm still on it, and doing a video as we talk. So you have to remove the lower subframe i'll put it that way. When was you thinking about doing it as i can try to edit the video in the next couple of days!! I was using the basic home mechanic gear, not to hard i guess, it's my mums car and she doesn't need it so i was in no hurry!! I've possible took 4 half arsed days on it so far!!
Delvey
My Cars: 1.6 HDI Grand Picasso

Post by Delvey »

Chefslot wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 18:44
Delvey wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 16:07 How hard was it getting the EGS box out?

Mate i'm still on it, and doing a video as we talk. So you have to remove the lower subframe i'll put it that way. When was you thinking about doing it as i can try to edit the video in the next couple of days!! I was using the basic home mechanic gear, not to hard i guess, it's my mums car and she doesn't need it so i was in no hurry!! I've possible took 4 half arsed days on it so far!!

I am not, my gearbox is knackered and I have decided against repairing it, would be interesting to see the video however
Chefslot

Post by Chefslot »

Why what's it doing? What made you come to the conclusion?
Delvey

Post by Delvey »

Chefslot wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 23:29 Why what's it doing? What made you come to the conclusion?

Grinding noise and clutch slipping. It is the input shaft bearing (common issue on the EGS, so if you take the gearbox out I would probably replace it)
The chances are it's damaged the internals of the gearbox so will need a rebuild.
Chefslot

Post by Chefslot »

Delvey wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 12:31
Chefslot wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 23:29 Why what's it doing? What made you come to the conclusion?

Grinding noise and clutch slipping. It is the input shaft bearing (common issue on the EGS, so if you take the gearbox out I would probably replace it)
The chances are it's damaged the internals of the gearbox so will need a rebuild.

Great another problem ready to go wrong with it lol. I'll try and get the video up tonight or tomorrow.
Delvey

Post by Delvey »

Chefslot wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 12:33
Delvey wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 12:31

Great another problem ready to go wrong with it lol. I'll try and get the video up tonight or tomorrow.

I wouldn't worry too much. I would change the oil however. It is supposed to be sealed for life but it won't harm changing.
Chefslot

Post by Chefslot »

Delvey wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 16:07 I am not, my gearbox is knackered and I have decided against repairing it, would be interesting to see the video however
New thread for removal of box, viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61384