Citroen C5 2009 resetting/Bluetooth?

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: RichardW

IAH343

Citroen C5 2009 resetting/Bluetooth?

Post by IAH343 »

Hi.

My Citroen C5 2009 has been resetting at random times and I've no idea why. Everything stays the same, but just annoying really.

Software version: rneg_D_r20ter_r20.07

There's an SD card in the front of the panel, which is the navigation system, is that where the firmware is installed? Does it need an update?

Also would a firmware update get Bluetooth music connectivity? Just wondering. Could someone walk me thoroughly though how to update firmware, and fix this issue?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen C5 2009 resetting/Bluetooth?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

The MyWay system you have does not support Bluetooth Streaming - only the telephone and address book synchronising.

The CD does support playing MP3 CDs - so you can cram quite a few MP3 tracks onto a single CD - just make sure you format it as an MP3 CD when creating it. You can get a hundred plus tracks on depending on size and bit rate.

As for the firmware, yes there has been a few updates since the version you are on. The latest version R50b does fix the random restarts. I created a post on SD card upgrades here:
MyWay / RNEG Upgrades , but to be completely honest, I personally would go to the dealer and order the upgrade CD direct. It should only cost a couple of £s and will circumnavigate all the SD card compatibility issues that some people have had. The CD is part number: 9679240380. Citroen will be able to order this for you, then you can do the upgrade straight off the CD.