So after the torrential rain from Storm Callum and while there was a break in the rains, I decided to fit the new alarm siren and pollen filter in the C3 today.
After removing the wiper arm which came off surprisingly easily and the scuttle, internal scuttle trim and seal I was in for a bit of a surprise.
The local spider community had decided to make their home under the scuttle; looking like "Attack of the Killer Spiders" akin to a movie Elvira would be hosting.
Anyway, as I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to spiders; my motto being anything with more than 4 legs is unnatural, so it was out with the Dyson for a good clear out.
Thankfully, I only had to remove the passenger wiper arm to get that part of the trim off. inside the scuttle area of the bulkhead there was a lot of plastic covered foam padding that the alarm siren wires were laying on as well as some other connectors and as this had deteriorated, water had gotten into the foam and was acting like a sponge. So cleaned all that out and got some strongish plastic bags. I glued them onto the foam with some wood glue and laid the cables back on top. I gave all the electrical connectors a good clean and applied some water repellent silicon.
Managed to get the siren unbolted very easily and swapped this over with the new one.
Then onto the pollen filter - as I mentioned in an earlier post I got a top of the line filter for less than half the dealer price, so that went in and I also cleaned up all the moss and algae from around the area.
I gave all the trim a good clean and some silicon coating - so all looking good and new. Whilst there and with the battery disconnected. I cleaned out all underneath the battery compartment and sprayed some copper ease onto the terminals. Treated the battery terminals after scraping the small mount of residue from them and like new again.
So the moment of truth - as you may know I recently had issues with the alarm going off all the time, so after replacing the alarm bonnet catch and then finding the ultrasonic warning button permanently lit when driving - all pointers were to the siren, confirmed with Lexia.
Sure enough after undertaking the battery reconnection procedure and firing her up, the alarm light remained extinguished and so far, no alarm going off.
Car in for a service Friday with the Dealer (assuming they have cleared the flood water by then - we aborted the Friday appointment just gone after the amber warnings where we are. So hopefully they will be able to replace the oil pressure switch and that will be the last fault cleared.