My Naughty Toyota Prius.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Re: My Naughty Toyota Prius.

Post by demag »

Mine is exactly the same length as a Xantia Jim. So not big in the grand scheme of things but a bit bigger than a Ka. ;-)
Yes the brakes are a revelation, as powerful as a hydraulic Citroen I should think and I never thought I'd say that about another make of car. As long as the car is in "D" the brakes operate that way but on a long decline by putting it in "N" the brakes operate like a normal car and the pads contact the discs so keeping them clean.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Putting an auto box in N on a long decline is not a good idea demag, can cause all sorts of gearbox naughties.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
andy5
(Donor 2022)

Post by andy5 »

CitroJim wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 16:52
andy5 wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 09:38 There is or was one for sale on Autotrader with 200,000 miles. And lpg conversion.

LPG makes it a very frugal motor - what a good idea!

200K is impressive. They must last well... I know of a Y-plate one locally - they look very different and based on that early one, the looks have improved dramatically!

It makes more sense to me to have this than the extra expense and weight of a plug-in hybrid.

Spending whatever an lpg conversion costs to have fuel at 4 pence a mile for lpg looks better than an extra few thousand to buy something which might get 3 pence a mile on electricity, but only for the first 25 or 33 miles.

With quite a lot of the latest things heading towards quite heavy, about twice the weight of the admittedly small first hybrid the mk 1 Honda Insight, it's difficult to see where all the efficiency improvements in vehicle and fuel cost are supposed to be coming from.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

andy5 wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 12:53
It makes more sense to me to have this than the extra expense and weight of a plug-in hybrid.

Spending whatever an lpg conversion costs to have fuel at 4 pence a mile for lpg looks better than an extra few thousand to buy something which might get 3 pence a mile on electricity, but only for the first 25 or 33 miles.

I quite agree... LPG is criminally under-developed and promoted as an automotive fuel...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
demag
(Donor 2016)

Post by demag »

I would normally agree with that Gibbo but it's not a normal gearbox. And once again it's a recommended procedure. It really is an unusual car, in fact it hasn't got a normal engine, gearbox or brakes. On the selector there is also a "B" position which automatically slows the car on long declines as well. Oddly there is no cigarette lighter or ashtray as standard but you can get an ashtray as an extra. :lol:
Dave
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

demag wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 13:23Oddly there is no cigarette lighter or ashtray as standard but you can get an ashtray as an extra. :lol:

How bizarre! Car ashtrays were always revolting things and now totally pointless as hardly anyone smokes any more.. Unless they are good for holding one of those vaping instruments - e-fags or whatever they're called...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

demag wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 01:38I received a new V5C on Thursday, and another one today! Bloody idiots. The one I received today shows two previous owners, the second one being me.🤔😠
I get a funny feeling this is not going to be easy to sort out......
Exactly the same thing happened when I bought my X7. I phoned them up and they sent me a third one with the errors sorted out and instructions to destroy the other two wrong copies.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
demag
(Donor 2016)

Post by demag »

Yes I just rang them Paul. To cap it all I had a refund for the tax today because they thought I'd sold it to myself. :rofl2:

Luckily I spoke to a lovely Welsh girl with a beautiful lilting accent who explained everything very clearly :-D . The dealer sent the V5C in late which more or less coincided with me sending in another application. So after midnight tonight I have to re-tax it, normally I would have done it sometime later tomorrow but we'll be driving to the airport at 2am for a week away. :roll: The worrying thing is I've been driving round without tax for a few days because of this and I'm sure if I'd had a bump my insurance would have had the greatest pleasure informing me it was null and void.
Dave