Help please removing creases /dents on door panels

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: Help please removing creases /dents on door panels

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Frankly if I was you I wouldn't touch it, just live with it, ten to one if you get it immaculate some dick head will put another dent in it.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

You could drastically i. Prove the rear wing by sanding and smoothing the filler to create the arch line, would draw your eyes away from the obvious,
Luckily for mine, cheap alloy wheel silver is a really good match, (98 silver xantia)
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
spiff
My Cars: C5 2003 2LTR 1997 AUTO PETROL ESTATE

Post by spiff »

Good afternoon Timmo from Mullion Cove, suns out today : )

Yes I thought that with some filler added a little further up.

We also spotted some wheel arches, chrome or black I think.

I should love to have an attempt at pulling or pushing the door dents out, as best as I can.

Looking at images of the C5 doors with the inside cover removed there is quite a bit in the way.

I am not looking for a perfect job, I just love to fix things, which reminds me Alanna's washing machine requires my attention.

We had a BX a while back, the sunroof never worked and leaked, so I pop riveted an aluminium panel over it : )

God Bless Spiff
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

spiff wrote: 04 Mar 2018, 09:16 Thank you for that, unfortunately I am too mean to have Sky : )
So are we, we get it on FreeSat, Quest I think; likely also available on Freeview.
Puxa
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)

...found you a link

https://wheelerdealers.oldtvepisodes.co ... episode-4/ its an 840ci

and a Screenshot
IIRC the dent removal is one of the 'later' jobs in that episode, I think he deals with a couple of mechanical bitsa first.

Beware of spraying a metallic (silver isn't it?), I've always found it impossible to get a half reasonable job on a metallic with a rattle can and once looked over a C3 which someone had attempted some 'maintenance' on, it was one of those truly shocking, "no need to start it up, I'm off" scenarios.
Attachments
WD.JPG
Puxa
spiff

Post by spiff »

Good evening raining again.

Thank you for the link we have just watched it all.

It was a lovely car, I don't think we would like the fuel consumption though : )

Are they older programs as the amount of profit they made did not seem much ?

I have seen those keys used before, it looks to be a great way of pulling dents, not sure how much the kit cost though I will have to look that one up.

Great program thanks a lot : )

God Bless Spiff
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

They never make muxh profit, they also never factor in Eds labour!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)

there's rarely much in it for them, directly at least, its quite nice like that. Obviously, for the purposes of the production, its not just about the 'Headline Profit'

For a short while I used to watch a particular Antiques dealer on the box who seemed to make a fortune from doing as little as "just giving it a Jet Wash"; it riled me and I ceased to watch it, likewise Dragons Den; greedy rich people doing their best to fleece the little man.

I used to work really hard for my money (my work rate even caused quite a severe 'falling out' when I was factory based): I would again, if I could; but the attitude seems to be increasingly rare these days, Grr !
Puxa
spiff

Post by spiff »

Good morning from a very wet Mullion Cove.

As Timmo said the amount of time they spent repairing the car and the travelling costs would have written off the amount they factored as profit.

Just a TV program for entertainment : )

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur, I as you find it sad that the world is so money orientated, my world would provide for others out of love, but we have to survive as it is in reality.

I was very money orientated when I was younger.

Folks often say they are going to get rid of an item because it is failing, with no thought of the buyer, we should all love each other and have the same regard for them as ourselves.

The gents on the TV program did a very good job, which made it very pleasant to watch : )

God Bless Spiff
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

spiff wrote: 09 Mar 2018, 13:05 Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur, I as you find it sad that the world is so money orientated, my world would provide for others out of love, but we have to survive as it is in reality.

I agree, I'm getting increasingly sick of the excuse "It's good for the economy" over everything else. Cart before the horse, much?
I just began watching a recording of a program (ITV's TONIGHT) last night about Potholes. It leads with "Are Britains Roads in crisis?" followed narration that "The state of the roads is a national disgrace...we've gotta fix the roads where people live and where they work for the sake of the whole economy"

Pure Orwellian "Newspeak".

The irony in this case is that the very reason these potholes go unrepaired is purely to "protect" the relevant council's ecomony. :rofl2:
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)

money orientation.... we've all gotta make a living, but when someone buys something for £200 and sells it days later for triple that, after just probably not more than an hour's labour; I think that's immoral.

We all know that communism doesn't work, and capitalism is far from perfect; my game is 'fairness'

and yes to MikeT "its good for the economy", yes I'm sick of it too, its propaganda BS with an 'Agenda', as always; that's often immoral too !
Puxa
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur wrote: 09 Mar 2018, 15:14 money orientation.... we've all gotta make a living, but when someone buys something for £200 and sells it days later for triple that, after just probably not more than an hour's labour; I think that's immoral.

We all know that communism doesn't work, and capitalism is far from perfect; my game is 'fairness'

and yes to MikeT "its good for the economy", yes I'm sick of it too, its propaganda BS with an 'Agenda', as always; that's often immoral too !

Unfortunately that is the sort of misconception that's rife, especially about the garage trade.

Take the comments about Wheeler Dealers, e.g. "They don't take into account the labour costs." , well motor traders can't do that nor can they forget that the labour costs are not just what's happened on this particular deal they're there even if there is no deal as are the costs of keeping the books i.e. calculating the PAYE and VAT, advertising, rent and business rates on the premises, the contributions to staff pensions, etc. etc.

Your buy for £200 sell for £600 probably has at the end a net profit of only £50/£60. Then you have to start all over again finding the next one to buy and hoping it's not a lemon.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.