Bloody Women!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">As to the comment about traviling too close, I agree but we were in a relitively busy road with a speed limit of 40mph, the traffics is flowing along with no problems. If we were to drive as per the highway code and leave loads of room between you and the car infront then noone will go anywhere.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The distance you are behind the car in front has no effect on journey times - these are a function of average speed and distance. You will go slower and use more fuel if you are constantly accelerating and braking. Anyhow, what does the time of a journey matter, unless you are driving a fire engine or ambulance?
If you travel too close, you are driving carelessly or dangerously, and will probably eventually injure yourself or someone else. If you are behind me, I will probably let you overtake - safer in front!
The distances given in the Highway Code are there for a good reason!
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VisaGTi16v</i>

women should all be burnt! re the zx, scrap yard bonnet, headlight, indicator, wing and front cross member should do it, £80 or so. May need to straighten it a bit where the indicator goes in. May be worth avoiding insurance as although she was clearly incompetent the insurance company might shaft you. The front of my zx looked like this and I got it more or less straight (well as far as I could be bothered for now) http://www.visagti.com/pics/zx_16v/goowood_0004b.jpg
Yeouch! that was yours?? that look liked it must have hurt a bit!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Visa16vGTi..... Savage man, just savage.
And you got it straight?
Fantastic! Where were you when one of my patients nicked and trashed my ZX? (i work in drug rehab for my sins). It didnt look as bad but was quoted £££££££££££££££ to fix, and i have the mechanical skills of a concussed bumble bee.http://www.visagti.com/pics/zx_16v/goowood_0004b.jpg
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Another thought, fit a towbar to the back of your car (dont look pretty) but i mangled the young girls 106 who ran into my arse end and only had a few scratches to my bumper
(lad who nicked my ZX used the rear to enter a house with too through some patio doors, nil damage other than a few scratches to rear...)
Of little conselation to you as twas you who ran into old biddy, however you too can mangle someones pride if they shunt you...
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

well when i say straight i mean straightish :) The bumper sits low on the passenger side but its all smashed and cracked still. I have a replacement 16v bumper and wings to go on but need the money for the respraying etc. Its all together in 1 piece but not perfect. Didnt really hurt as it was a tyre wall I hit at Goodwood, suprised my hand didnt hurt more due to how hard I punched the steering wheel :) just had mad whiplash for next 2 days
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Better job than i could have done, bloody useless with isopon me.
Still insurance coughed up and i got another ZX (1.9d) and NHS gave me a car whilst mine was off road (ford ka-k) seing as it was nicked in works time by a patient (and they still wanted me to travel 52 miles a day to work).
Maybe this Rossnunn's insurance will do the same, though i would get it fixed if it was cheap enough. (or your ability with a lump hammer was beter than mine).
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

>(ford ka-k)
LOL!!! My wife's best friend has one of these she thinks is great - we think it's a sewing machine (oh and a wet one at that as it has a water leak that makes a Xantia look like the Sahara!)
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

Another thought, fit a towbar to the back of your car (dont look pretty)
If your gonna do it, do it properly!
http://www.bxproject.co.uk/gallery/Towbar/towbar.htm
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Awesome
Size really does matter!