I-spy an Ugly SUV

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Re: I-spy an Ugly SUV

Post by wurlycorner »

Ok, spent a few seconds reading up on Cd now today (to follow my 'interpretation of basic principles' previous post) and now wish I hadn't started to...
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Post by harryp »

Ok, spent a few seconds reading up on Cd now today (to follow my 'interpretation of basic principles' previous post) and now wish I hadn't started to...
Grief, that sounds far too familiar! I vaguely remember doing ThermoD over 50 yrs ago - very very vaguely - I must learn how to spell it :-D .
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

According to FIAT this is.....

"100 % SUV 100% City Car"

Just hope its 100% on topic :-D
n falcon own work
n falcon own work
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 23 Feb 2018, 16:05 According to FIAT this is.....

"100 % SUV 100% City Car"

Just hope its 100% on topic :-D

DSC00026.JPG

Regards Neil

For reasons I'm not entirely sure of yet I rather like that one :)

Maybe because it's quirky and yellow!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

I s'pose it was only a matter of time before there was a Fiat that thought it was a Jeep.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

van ordinaire wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 19:55 I s'pose it was only a matter of time before there was a Fiat that thought it was a Jeep.

No, not at all... Jeeps are bloody ugly, very 'industrial-looking' (for want of a better word) and not at all easy on the eye.

The Fiat above is very easy on the eye...

I don't think Fiat ever intended it to do what a Jeep might be able to do...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Came across What Car's "Car of the Year 2018" in connection with this Electric Car Adverts

There can only be one car of the year? Not really, its a bit like Crufts, one supreme champion and hundreds of breed, group and one with the waggiest tail "winners".

The humble SUV has four categories on its own (and not one for the ugliest!) and to make matters worse there are at least 3 winners depending on price for each category. For example:

Small SUV

Yes the other SUV categories are "Family SUV" "Luxury SUV" and "Large SUV"

The Supreme Champion was an SUV though

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Tell me one thing. Why are these so-called SUVs so popular?

I really don't get it...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 11:11 Tell me one thing. Why are these so-called SUVs so popular?

I really don't get it...

Yes I don't get it either. I always have my bargain basement head on though so probably don't think like the SUV owner( or should I say renter/contract hirer/leaser/personal contract purchaser). For my needs I can perfectly adequately run my older vehicles at a fraction of the outgoings for the additional pleasure of running a new one which I dont quite get either.

All right occasionally if my MOT tester finds a few things that need attention, and I need 4 tyres at the same time and a new exhaust, the annual bill might creep up to £399 at a push but look at some of the "deals for new cars" and you'll be paying not much short of that a month!

Just straight out of google a Deal on the Car of the Year SUV First one out £389/month plus a customer deposit of £4,405..oh and despite paying us all of this money you can obviously only do 10,000 miles per year!

Might be nice to drive around for a bit, and no doubt a safe an well put together car, but for me its the 6 bottles of wine Clio with an airbag light that needs sorting that I will always plump for!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 13:04 Just straight out of google a Deal on the Car of the Year SUV First one out £389/month plus a customer deposit of £4,405..oh and despite paying us all of this money you can obviously only do 10,000 miles per year!

:o That's outrageous! How do people afford it?

Gosh, that represents a very hefty portion of my monthly income and well in excess of what I'd describe as disposable...

I must be in the wrong job :roll:
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

You could try the "Fix Airbag Light" business Jim where an unsuspecting customer comes along and you charge them £600/hour for fixing it by soldering a couple of wires under the front seats, and still come in cheaper than a "main dealer". :-D

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
andy5
(Donor 2022)

Post by andy5 »

I discovered a new meaning of off-road yesterday.

In the supermarket car park, one of these things parked jauntily with the two nearside wheels up on the kerb of an end-of-row island, because the vehicle is too wide to fit in an ordinary width space and still let the driver get out.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 11:11 Tell me one thing. Why are these so-called SUVs so popular?

I really don't get it...

It's a competition to produce the ugliest heap possible.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 14:24 You could try the "Fix Airbag Light" business Jim where an unsuspecting customer comes along and you charge them £600/hour for fixing it by soldering a couple of wires under the front seats, and still come in cheaper than a "main dealer". :-D

regards Neil

:lol: Good idea Neil :) 8-)
andy5 wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 15:43 In the supermarket car park, one of these things parked jauntily with the two nearside wheels up on the kerb of an end-of-row island, because the vehicle is too wide to fit in an ordinary width space and still let the driver get out.
I know. Living with one of those vehicles on a daily basis must be a right pain... No wonder their pilots seem to be very stressed and aggressive.

Not only must car parks be difficult but normal driving along typical British narrow back roads must be a constant trial...

It would drive me totally batty...

One of the joys of driving little 'uns :D
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 16:31

I really don't get it...

It's a competition to produce the ugliest heap possible.

That's very possible Steve :lol: Whilst they've not quite hit the pinnacle of gut-wrenching fugliness just yet I believe they may not be far off...

Maybe then the tide will turn and we'll see some lookers again that bring joy to the eye...

One can only hope [-o<
Jim