Car/bike Names what are the best? worst?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Car/bike Names what are the best? worst?

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

harryp wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 21:49
....not forgetting the HRD Rapide, which at half the capacity of the Black Shadow wasn'it quite...
one of my Spots from the other day had a nice chat with the owner.

Regards Neil
harryp
Donor 2022

Post by harryp »

Nice pic Neil
Oh dear, what crap I come out with some times #-o . Sorry, carried away; the pie doesn't taste any better and gets tougher! :(
The Rapide was of course pretty quick for its day; I was thinking of the Comet which was 500cc and used to frequently see an example on our way home from work on dry sunny days; frequently? maybe not :? .Believe it superseded the Meteor?
Would have loved one apart from the job of keeping it clean and shiny. Far too many intricate shiny bits for all weather daily use. used to joke,one days ride, two days cleaning.
Anyway, two "star" names to add.
I depart with a red face :oops:
NewcastleFalcon

That's fine Harry, I knew the Rapide had a meaty 998cc V-Twin, but no idea how rapid it was :-D

I had to ask the owner what the model was, and indeed what the HRD stood for as the tank bore HRD as the logo.

Howard Raymond Davies this bloke. In January 1928, his company HRD Motors went into voluntary liquidation and the name was purchased by Phil Vincent, who then established a new venture as Vincent-HRD.

REgards Neil
NewcastleFalcon

dup
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 09 Nov 2021, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
NewcastleFalcon

I wouldn't say the name is one of the best, or indeed one of the worst, but I think it does suit the bike. From a rising US Off Road Electric Vehicle company, with others called the Beast, the Stag and the Runt.

The well named Volcon Grunt,
REgards Neil