Answers to my little quiz :
1. Where is the source of the River Thames? There is debate about the actual source but the answer I was looking for is Thames Head in Gloucestershire.
2. Name the 4 actors who starred in the TV sitcom Rising Damp. Leonard Rossiter, Richard Beckinsale, Don Warrington, Frances de la Tour
3. Which sport was commentated on by Ted Lowe? Snooker
4. Who was the first driver to win the F1 World Championship, the Le Mans 24 Hour and the Inianapolis 500? Graham Hill
5. Which hills reach further north, the Chilterns or the Mendips? THe Chilterns
6. Which car manufacturer produced the Ariane model? Simca
7. Who was raised by his Aunt May and Uncle Ben? Peter Parker, Spiderman
8. In which modern day country could you find the site of Babylon? Iraq
9. In which electronic device might you find an ASTIC ? Telephone - it stands for Anti Side Tone Induction Circuit
10. Everyone has wondered how long it takes to paint the fourth bridge, but how much paint would you need? According to the operators it takes 240,000 litres to paint the bridge
I hope some of you had fun!!
PS Neil I awarded your bonus points for Vienna the cat and originality with the dentist bridge!!