Renault Clio Maintenance Videos

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Renault Clio Maintenance Videos

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

and another one from practical as ever Martin

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

I watched this one before starting the job on the six bottles of wine Bargain Basement Clio. Old driveshaft's off darkness stopped play. He was bang on about a decent quantity of gearbox oil needing collecting in a washing up bowl when the nearside shaft is removed.

He's a good turn is Martin very helpful. Just noticed...bit of duplication so good I posted it twice!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Manual Gearbox oil change on a Clio II ,decent video here, needed if you change the nearside (left) driveshaft as doing so dumps the majority of the gearbox/diff oil.

Deposited here so I can find it for reference.

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Another video to help with Clio 2 Maintenance from the "Sockets and Sideburns" Channel deposited for reference...

if you have aircon expect a little less easy access, and the aircon drive belt in front of the alternator drive belt on the crankshaft pulley. Few pics here

viewtopic.php?p=747596#p747596

Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 05 Mar 2023, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Deposited for one of those jobs which is undoubtedly a faffy pain in the neck type, with a disproportionate amount of dismantling things, and awkward access, but one of those jobs that goes against the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" rule, because if it does break, especially if you are running a bargain basement car, it is more than likely to finish the car off.

Not the finest camerawork but covers the main points. I think his struggles at the start to remove the crankshaft pulley bolt were familiar, and it would appear that the impact wrench failed, along with the "starter trick" and in the end it was the locking the flywheel after removing the starter motor, and a breaker bar proved successful.

Take out of it what you will if doing the job. The engine is a 1.2 Petrol 16v D4F on a Clio 2 with no air conditioning.

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Clio Airbag light fix

Clio Airbag light fix

Another top video from Martin on one of the Clio specialities the Airbag light/Service light on.

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey