CX GTI Turbo. Thinking caps on!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bilkob
My Cars: Citroen CX
Citroen C15

Re: CX GTI Turbo. Thinking caps on!

Post by Bilkob »

Things are just the same, I've just not used it much lately. I did change back to the original coils and leads and strangely it does run a bit smoother low down. During the recent colder snap, I did let it idle and it didn't cut out in 20+ minutes so that seems to confirm it's temp related.
If it wasn't for the jumping tacho I'd strongly suspect fuel pressure........
I think I'll wait till after the New year and then let the excellent auto electrician have another go at it
Planning a raid to the Ardennes in it in a few weeks too, let's see how that goes
Bilkob
My Cars: Citroen CX
Citroen C15

Post by Bilkob »

Update, sort of.
Due to our dear, horribly abused family Honda CRV having a mild hiatus, the GTI turbo is in regular service!
My teenage son is thrilled!
It's behaving itself fine, although it was very jerky on/off throttle when I dug it out for a few drives
Today I let it idle after use, and put a multimeter on the battery as it was running.
As it started to hunt and splitter and eventually die, the voltage stayed rock solid at around 14 volts
I tried to start it straight away, and it wouldn't, but there was no tacho jumping!?
I pulled the white multi plug on the AEI unit, reconnected it and it fired straight away. Hmmmmmmm>
As an aside, I'm thinking of having the injectors cleaned/tested. Any thoughts?
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

Bilkob wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 20:30 As an aside, I'm thinking of having the injectors cleaned/tested. Any thoughts?

Given my experience recently with two of my laid up Turbo's, I'd suggest that's a very good idea.
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
cxbones
My Cars: Citroen CX S1 GTI turbo
CX 20 safari

Post by cxbones »

Hello, sorry for resurrecting this old thread but did you ever get to the bottom of this? Mine has the same problem.....