Saxo Wireless Removal?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Saxo Wireless Removal?

Post by CitroJim »

doctle wrote: 24 Oct 2017, 12:47 I always say I'm listening to the wireless, people think I have a fancy internet radio instead of an old Bush!

:-D I have a collection of vintage Bush wirelesses amongst many others... And they are all in regular use too ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I successfully removed the wireless today and fault-finding has commenced :)

My blog will soon have some news on repair progress...

Thanks all for your most valuable assistance in this... Two small screwdrivers worked a treat :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Post by doctle »

Everyone has resisted the urge to mention good tunes played on old bushes!
Oh buggle
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

doctle wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 11:23 Everyone has resisted the urge to mention good tunes played on old bushes!

:lol: And I can think of many others too ;)
Jim

Zelandeth
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi.
1988 Renault 25 Monaco 2.0i.
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

There's a radiogram like that currently sitting in my garage if you ever decide you want one...Cossor if I remember rightly.

I had nowhere for it to go, but it was destined for the skip if I didn't save it! ...so it's now been carted nearly the full length of the country and is taking up room in my very cluttered garage...
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

We must discuss that radiogram Zel ;) I recall seeing it the last time I was over...
Jim

Zelandeth
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi.
1988 Renault 25 Monaco 2.0i.
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

It's not going anywhere in a hurry Jim, have stored it such that it should be pretty safe from scratches etc and our garage is bone dry.

It's a decent sounding old thing, just late enough to have FM on it, and everything works. Volume pot is a bit scratchy though, probably just from lack of use. Think the output valve grid decoupling cap was changed as a precaution when I got it. Deck (Garrard I think) and autochanger all work nicely. Only other thing I had to do was a horribly crude sticker based solution to a very yellowed back to the tuning scale - had always meant to go back and do something better with that.

Just nowhere in this house it will fit really, so it got "parked up" in the garage pending me figuring out what to do with it.

If you think you'd be interested Jim I'm sure we could arrange something. I'd love to see someone getting some use out of it. Seems a shame for it to just sit there forever.

...even if I would have to figure out how the heck to *get* to it!
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Interested, especially as it has FM on it Zel...

I thought it did but could not be sure...

Good to know 'That Cap', as it's known on the vintage wireless forum, has been changed... Failure to do so can kill both the output valve and the mains transformer...
Jim