C4 grand picasso opinion

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shoogiesco

Re: C4 grand picasso opinion

Post by shoogiesco »

I really appreciate everyone's help :) I'm not able to go look at car till weekend and I'm reading a lot of horror stories about 1.6hdi engine. I would prefer a petrol bit the only picasso I can find anywhere near me are all 1.6hdi.

I have been thinking though, if I we're to buy it and then take it to Citroen for health check and they find anything wrong I should be able to return it for a full refund?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not necessarily.....
You should check what, if any, warranty is provided by the dealer before you buy it. If faults develop shortly afterwards that were not apparent when you bought it, the dealer (if a business seller, not a private sale) should be given the opportunity to put it right. You might want to consider getting a quote for a warranty yourself before - but read the small print.

Generally, wear and tear items including Clutches and Dual Mass Flywheels, suspension struts and springs, brake pads, disks, battery, belts, exhausts, gearbox, are all examples of wear and tear. Take it for a test drive and listen for any sounds, knocks etc.

More recently, I have preferred to buy from Citroen and take advantage of their approved used cars or extended warranty vehicles - never yet had a claim rejected and I've had just under £5k of warranty work done in 3 years!

You may also consider getting an AA or RAC inspection done of the vehicle before purchase if seriously considering it - at least you have some sort of additional assurance - they will give you a written report.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

This one: Petrol picasso

Is not that far away; looks like one owner, never failed an MOT (you can just make out the reg KT07 ZZW on the key fob in one of the pictures!)

This one: Petrol Picasso 2

Is Preston, a bit further away, but only 2/3 the miles. History is more patchy, and it's been MOTd at Kwik Fit....
Richard W
shoogiesco

Post by shoogiesco »

Carlisle is a bit too far for my liking tbh its more than 4 hour round trip for a car with no history etc. I appreciate it tho