Two months of ownership. DS5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Re: Two months of ownership. DS5

Post by Richard_C »

qprdude wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 19:32 JSecondly, the puddle lights. The C5 had 4 but the DS5 has only 2. The 2 are much better though, being operated by the remote unlocking and directed from the underside of the external mirrors rather than under the doors. Basically, both sides of the car are bathed in light before a door is touched, making for a nice bright entry.

I've been thinking about puddle lights recently, although I thought of them as dog-poo lights long before I heard the proper name. I was in a very long traffic jam in Lyon, thought about all the usual stuff - the view, the river, the cars around me in the jam, why didn't I buy the automatic after all, why didn't I use the A46, how does Ben Webster make a popular song sound like a work of art and why wasn't he elevated to deity,

then my thoughts turned to puddle lights.

My C4 Pic has them under the mirrors like the DS. Yes - brilliant when you are returning to the car and the doors are closed, you can see what you are about to stand in. Utterly useless when you are in the car and about to get out, as soon as you open the door the light swings away from the target area and ceases to illuminate where you putting your feet. The DS/C4 Pic makes an excellent early morning car - dark when you get in but you get out in daylight. The C5 is an excellent late evening car, daylight when you get in and serves you well when you get out in darkness. So that's it decided then. If I ever have enough money for a fleet of cars and a big enough driveway I will use them in turn according to the time of day and the design of their puddle lights.

Please to hear that you are warming to the DS: I wonder if that is a common thing. When I traded my SAAB 9-5 it took me a long time to begin to like my C5 Tourer, maybe 6 months to get to be 'at one' with it. The change from the C5 to the C4 Pic has been the same - after 10 months it has grown on me but at first it was "what have I done...." although my wife who is beginning to suffer from dodgy hips loved it from day 1 because it doesn't hurt when you climb out - a big part of the decision to change.
Last edited by myglaren on 03 Oct 2017, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: YouTube tags
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

I changed from a Saab 9-5 to my C5 and loved the car from day one. We got a c4 Picasso as a loaner but it was a 7 seat job. Loved the car but hated the auto gear lever. The P.D.R.N window was hidden behind the steering wheel. It was very strange. My boss indoors has also developed a hip problem recently, are you sure we are not he same person? 😉
Last edited by qprdude on 03 Oct 2017, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

qprdude wrote: 03 Oct 2017, 15:47 are you sure we are not he same person? 😉

Nope - my R5 was a Gordini!
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini