C4 2005 1.4 central locking issue( not VTR or Piccasso ) ***FIXED**

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Re: C4 2005 1.4 central locking issue( not VTR or Piccasso )

Post by admiral51 »

have the bracket will be fitting it tomorrow and will report my progress. Will take pics of both brackets just in case someone with a keener eye than me can spot something.
admiral51
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Re: C4 2005 1.4 central locking issue( not VTR or Piccasso )

Post by admiral51 »

Just a quick update and a plea for HELP :)
Fitted the bracket and still the same problem, resisting the urge to pick up the sledge hammer at the moment.....
Have had a closer look at the lock and i can get it to do what it should ie disable the handle from opening when locked but only by manually tweaking the lock.
The black plastic insert in the door has a tab inside that when pushed with a prodding implement disables the outer handle, but can only be done with the door open. The door can still be opened from the inside, so guess this is also part of the anti hijack system.
When sat inside and the fob and or key is used to lock and set the alarm the door will not open from the inside handle, so that bit is working as it should.
Have tried the same thing on every door and they all work fine.
With the drivers door open and the lock manually put in the shut then locked position, by moving the tab into the disable handle position it stays locked when you try to unlock on the fob, i guess this is because it was never set, but it also will not unlock when you try to lock the car with the door open.

This is where my knowledge runs out but having replaced all the mechanical bits i am convinced it is something electrical as with new lock and bracket the same problem is present, or i am really unlucky and have the same fault with both locks, something that i cannot believe.

this is a pic of the plug and wires that go to the lock.

The system is doing what it should in terms of locking the car from the inside on all doors, its just the drivers door that the outer handle is not being disabled.
When opening the drivers door from the outside it unlocks all doors and boot.
My big concern is that it could be something to do with the insurance black box that has been fitted.
The car is being sold as the boy has bought a new car and i will not let it go with this issue, how long it has been present i have no idea, but it was not there when he bought it.
He cannot get a confirmed date ( 4-6 weeks ) from his insurance for it to be removed so think i may go down the route of getting a local auto electrician to come and remove it and start again.

Really appreciate all your help and advice, keep it coming as i have a vested interest in this car...............

Yep you guessed it, until its sold its ours as we lent him the cash to buy the new car until this one gets sold :cry:

Unless someone in the Poole/Bournemouth area has a Lexia that could come and visit, the car is now uninsured so cannot move it from my drive #-o
admiral51
Donor 2023

Re: C4 2005 1.4 central locking issue( not VTR or Piccasso ) ***FIXED**

Post by admiral51 »

Update FIXED :shock:

Finally traced the fault to a broken wire, the blue one in the pic above.

It had rubbed through where the loom runs behind the window channel guides behind the speaker.

It will not rub through again :twisted:

Lessons learnt again.
#1 Wiring, Check,Check,Check and Check again before jumping to conclusions. #-o
#2 See #1 :rofl2:
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

You did well to find that.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

demag wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 13:18 You did well to find that.

Multi meter with continuity test is the way i found it, went from main door plug to lock plug and then it was a case of narrowing down the search length.

Thanks for support
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Well done Colin :)

No don't stay away so long next time ;) We miss you!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

CitroJim wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 15:12 Well done Colin :)

I will stick around like a bad smell :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

admiral51 wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 16:03
CitroJim wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 15:12 Well done Colin :)

I will stick around like a bad smell :)

Excellent :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...