Xantia td engine K light keeps popping on

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Re: Xantia td engine K light keeps popping on

Post by MikeT »

How peculiar, in that a few more hundred rpms turns it off again, and your idle is a tad higher than normal as it is (but no real concern). If you tried all the speculative/free suggestions I can only recommend you get a lexia session for further info.
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Well, currently its the first chance i have had tl look at it, been burried under roadbike drivetrains and tourers that keep bending mech hangers! Childs carerra than needed the impact wrench to loosen the non drive bottom bracket cup, gear indexing after local larger shop screwed it up etc.
So i have been out and looked at it all for signs of leaking/seepage, then cleaned the pump area as best i could, allowing me to keep an eye on anything, i also moved a cable from resting on a small wire to a plug underneath it (one thats to the right of the alternator as you look at it), and all the time it was idling the light didnt pop on,
Gotta run the eldest daughter upto the Trampoline park in a mo as its her year 6 leavers party, so will see if it pops on again then!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Timmo, sorry I cannot digest video due to my cognitive issues; I'll have a chat with Mike about it this week when I see him and perhaps he can tell me the video contents and we can discuss it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...