C5 X7 suspension problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C5 X7 suspension problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are various bushes on this site for the rear trailing arms - use the trailing arm part number and it may bring up the related bushes. But as there is no direct part number from Citroen for this bush, you'll have to check with the supplier. They also stock a range of complete trailing arms at various prices and quality:

https://www.euspares.co.uk/search-autop ... ord=5175CN
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Ceenine
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: DS4 Crossback 2.0l
C5 X7 HDI Exclusive 2.2l sedan
C4 1.6l HDI EGS
Peugeot 405 Mi16

Post by Ceenine »

The lady with the suspension problem (her car and not her personally) has not reappeared. I guess she either sorted it out or plain gave up. Always frustrating when you don’t get a report on an outcome especially when you go to some trouble to assist.
Yakari
My Cars: Citroen C5 X7 1.6 liter e-Hdi A/T

Post by Yakari »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 04 Jul 2017, 11:05 According to the X7 brochure:
Multi-Link Rear Suspension
Differs from the front suspension set up in that there are multiple links to the wheel instead of two. Each of these links has a specific load role (lateral, camber, twist etc.) and can be adjusted infinitely by the engineers to achieve the best combination of ride comfort and driving dynamics.
Hi;

i have a Citroen C5 x7 2013 yeras old car anda i have a problem with my left side rear suspension arm ( Number 9 on the picture)
Could you help me to find its part number? Do You have any information about this?
Thank you...
fed777
New User
My Cars: Citroen Zara VTR Van 2003
Citroen C5 1.6HDI 2009 current

Post by fed777 »

Ceenine wrote: 29 May 2020, 23:29 The lady with the suspension problem (her car and not her personally) has not reappeared. I guess she either sorted it out or plain gave up. Always frustrating when you don’t get a report on an outcome especially when you go to some trouble to assist.
Hi Folks
Just jumping in here now. I have a 2009 C5 X7 and am relieved to see other people are having the exact issue as ours. There is a particular speed ramp in my town which is thr width of thr Road and about 4 feet long in total. Everyday I drive over this the car shimmy or jumps or slides to the left. It's really off putting and no one can tell me the issue. I have the base model so no fancy suspension. Just the regular shocks. From what I can see on all these forums no one has diagnosed this yet. One of life's mysterys I suppose. I presume it's safe as it always passed its MOT or NCT as it known as in Eire. This is done annually now because of its age
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 03 Jul 2022, 10:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Quote