All change at demag towers.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: All change at demag towers.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yep F9 - there should be 2 banks of fuses on the BSI which is in the passenger glovebox location (not the engine mounted fusebox). There is usually an upper and lower bank. I don't have an old manual unfortunately so from memory. Also those dots for the oil level:
Switch ignition on - maintenance indicator will come on followed by engine oil indicator, for about 10 seconds or so:
6 circles permanently lit - MAX Oil
All Dashes - MIN Oil - check using dipstick on flat ground after engine off for 10 mins.
All Dashes FLASHING - Top up - risk of damage
All dashes flashing and the MIN word also flashing - MALFUNCTION of the guage.

There should be 4.75L of oil (with filter change) and the difference between Min and Max on the oil gauge is 1.5L for the DW12TED4 engine.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just on another note, thinking back Dave, is it the adjustment as well as the foldback that is not working? I believe the foldback on locking function can be disabled if desired. If you manage to get your Lexia on it (and talking), you should be able to do some actuator tests on the switch to check all the movements.

Marc
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

F9 alive and kicking but still no mirrors. I noticed there is no ambient temperature display either. Isn't the sensor on the drivers door mirror?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's a little nipple on the underside of the mirror - passenger side IIRC. If this is not displaying either, then something has to be wrong. Check the door wiring loom inside the protective plastic sleeves. It sounds like the wire has a break in it somewhere and the door is the usual culprit - try operating the switches / controls as you gently move the door in and out and see if this makes any difference.

Marc
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 118k one of two? remaining
'97 306 1.6 XS, 24k, The ex-Haynes "Max Power" display car. Bought after being written off & stripped, now being rebuilt without the wide body
'96 ZX 1.9TD SX, 81k new resurrection project saved from the scrapper

Post by ekjdm14 »

Our 206 oil level display varies between showing full/half/dangerously low flashing largely dependant on how it feels at the time. Given that it started acting intermittent after I did the clutch & service I'm guessing it's a dodgy connection somewhere although FWIW I think these gauges are a bit of a gimmick anyway for the reason (proven out by these failures) that they can lie. Now fortunately I haven't heard of one over reading but I still prefer to check the oil the old fashioned way myself.

It is a nice thing to have everything working though, so if a BSI reset/known perfect battery etc happens to fix most of the problems but still leave you with the oil level problem it's likely a dirty/loose connector under the bonnet I feel.

EDIT- just seen the BSI reset didn't help, is the battery up to scratch & fully charged too? if it's been for sale and not used in a while it could need an overnight/24hr trickle to get it back fighting fit maybe?
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 118k
'97 306 XS 1.6i, Blaze Yellow, 24k
'96 ZX SX 1.9TD rolling shell, White, 81k
mickeymoon

Re: RE: Re: All change at demag towers.

Post by mickeymoon »

ekjdm14 wrote:Our 206 oil level display varies between showing full/half/dangerously low flashing largely dependant on how it feels at the time. Given that it started acting intermittent after I did the clutch & service I'm guessing it's a dodgy connection somewhere although FWIW I think these gauges are a bit of a gimmick anyway for the reason (proven out by these failures) that they can lie. Now fortunately I haven't heard of one over reading
The level sensor in my 207 tells me "oil ok" when the dipstick is dry. I'd class that as over-reading :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
demag
(Donor 2016)

Post by demag »

Well it does appear to have a few electrical gremlins. :-D But the rest of it seems ok (I hope [-o< ) I haven't driven it at night yet so it might not have any lights. :rofl2:
Dave
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
demag
(Donor 2016)

Post by demag »

ekjdm14 wrote:EDIT- just seen the BSI reset didn't help, is the battery up to scratch & fully charged too? if it's been for sale and not used in a while it could need an overnight/24hr trickle to get it back fighting fit maybe?

I'll go and check!

12.7 volts.
Last edited by demag on 28 Apr 2017, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Thinking COMMS unit or corrosion on the 2nd fuse box
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

May I suggest you swap out the fuse a few times. My rear wiper stopped working, and when I checked the fuse it was not blown. I fitted a new fuse, and the rear wiper worked. I then started plugging/unplugging the old fuse a few times, and it started working as well. I can only assume there some tarnish on contacting faces, and the rubbing action of the faces cleaned the tarnish off.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
demag
(Donor 2016)

Post by demag »

I'll try the fuse a few times tomorrow it's getting dark and chilly now.

Which fuse box Alasdair, under the bonnet?

It's not a major problem but yes it's nice when everything works.
Last edited by myglaren on 28 Apr 2017, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

ImageThe BSM under the box in the engine bay.....it is more than a fuse box for the maxi fuses, some have had water ingress problems.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 118k one of two? remaining
'97 306 1.6 XS, 24k, The ex-Haynes "Max Power" display car. Bought after being written off & stripped, now being rebuilt without the wide body
'96 ZX 1.9TD SX, 81k new resurrection project saved from the scrapper

Post by ekjdm14 »

mickeymoon wrote: The level sensor in my 207 tells me "oil ok" when the dipstick is dry. I'd class that as over-reading :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I have now officially heard of one over reading! All the more reason to not trust the damn things and dip it once a week...

As far as 12.7 on the battery goes, I'd say that was a bit on the low side tbh & maybe think about getting it load tested as well if an overnight charge doesn't help.
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 118k
'97 306 XS 1.6i, Blaze Yellow, 24k
'96 ZX SX 1.9TD rolling shell, White, 81k
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

mickeymoon wrote: The level sensor in my 207 tells me "oil ok" when the dipstick is dry. I'd class that as over-reading :)

Mine does exactly that too!!!

I'd not trust any oil level sensor any further than I can chuck it... A dipstick I trust unless it's in an ES9 V6!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
demag
(Donor 2016)

Post by demag »

I haven't had a lot of time today but tried to print the wiring diagrams kindly supplied by Marc only for the printer to report no ink. Off to Tesco to buy a new Tesco's own ink cartridge upon which the bloody printer reported "I don't like this new cartridge it's not genuine HP and I don't want to play" What?!! Well after wasting an hour or two I managed to get two of the diagrams printed but no way would the stupid thing print the third! :taz:

Then the wife wanted to go out, we got home about 6 ish and I gathered the two printed diagrams, my multimeter and a few tools and got down to business. Something didn't seem quite right, the wiring colours didn't match at the button station and there was an odd number of wires but once I put my thinking head on I realised that I was not looking at the button station drawing but a connection module/block inside the door. So I have now got to remove the door card for further investigation. However after I'd cleared up and locked up I had a thought, if I can release the strangely named door "interconnection" IC70 (read multiplug!) I can hopefully test for 12 volts which should point to the fault being in door or elsewhere. As we were hoping to go to a classic car show near Lichfield tomorrow I'm not sure when this will be done. Stay tuned for the next thrilling instalment. :lol:
Dave