Peugeot 208 advice and experiences please..

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Peugeot 208 advice and experiences please..

Post by CitroJim »

I hear the 208 is a better car than the 207... Some say it gets nearer to the spirit of the 205 than the 206 or 207 does..

But for the blandness of the 207 it's hard to fault on reliability or build quality. Mine has done 85K now and in that time all it has needed is routine service items.

It's been very heavily used and has stood up well to it so if the 208 shares those qualities and is better then it'll be a sound replacement candidate...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mickeymoon

Re: RE: Re: Peugeot 208 advice and experiences please..

Post by mickeymoon »

Stickyfinger wrote:
mickeymoon wrote: C5 doesn't do it for me either, and the fear of leaky struts, racks and the myriad other C5 specific issues put me off anyway.!

What ? ....you have been misinformed on those.

Struts, we know why they leak, eg after being HUNG without removing the LDS cap.....
That in itself is a terrible design flaw. I might remember but what if the missus doesn't if it has to be recovered or has to have tyres replaced when I'm away?

Window regulators, leaky PAS racks, various electrical and electronic problems, Citroen's love of letting parts go NFP..

The interior space is nothing special either if you actually need to put 2 or 3 normal humans in the back as I regularly do.
mickeymoon

Re: RE: Re: Peugeot 208 advice and experiences please..

Post by mickeymoon »

Peter.N. wrote:You still can't beat a 406 :wink:

Peter
Sadly they're all old and leggy now Peter. I also didn't like sitting a bus ride away from the windscreen in the one we had at work.