Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Online
User avatar
Zelandeth
Donor 2016
Posts: 3680
Joined: 17 Nov 2014, 00:36
x 359

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by Zelandeth »

First Tesla Model X I've seen in the whole spotted today while I was picking folks up from the Station.

Not actually as much of a tank as I expected it to be.

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 42555
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1336

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by CitroJim »

Zelandeth wrote: Not actually as much of a tank as I expected it to be.


No, they're quite sleek for a modern. I see one every day at work.

Look at the dash. The LCD screen is the size of a domestic wide-screen TV!

User avatar
white exec
Moderating Team
Posts: 6288
Joined: 21 Dec 2015, 13:46
x 1060

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by white exec »

The way things are going, might only be a matter of time before LCD covers the whole of the front windscreen. Why look at reality when you can look at enhanced VR? :shock:

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 42555
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1336

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by CitroJim »

white exec wrote:The way things are going, might only be a matter of time before LCD covers the whole of the front windscreen. Why look at reality when you can look at enhanced VR? :shock:


That might have distinct benefits in bad weather Chris...

Plus the opportunity for a decent HUD, traffic info display and so on. Imagine a satnav working on a real representation of the road ahead...

The opportunities are endless; limited only by imagination :)

User avatar
bobins
Donor 2020
Posts: 3481
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 18:07
x 1021

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by bobins »

CitroJim wrote:
Plus the opportunity for a decent HUD, traffic info display and so on. Imagine a satnav working on a real representation of the road ahead...

The opportunities are endless; limited only by imagination :)


..........and the hackers desire to install a bit of code into the software to suddenly pop up some footage of the Cresta Run on the HUD whilst you're bimbling down to the shops :rofl2:

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 42555
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1336

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by CitroJim »

bobins wrote:
CitroJim wrote:
Plus the opportunity for a decent HUD, traffic info display and so on. Imagine a satnav working on a real representation of the road ahead...

The opportunities are endless; limited only by imagination :)


..........and the hackers desire to install a bit of code into the software to suddenly pop up some footage of the Cresta Run on the HUD whilst you're bimbling down to the shops :rofl2:


At least it'll make a dull drive exciting :lol:

User avatar
bobins
Donor 2020
Posts: 3481
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 18:07
x 1021

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by bobins »

I can just imagine grandma in the passenger seat turning to grandad in the driving seat and saying: "The weather's bad today, don't you think you ought to slow down a bit ?" :rofl2: :-D

User avatar
white exec
Moderating Team
Posts: 6288
Joined: 21 Dec 2015, 13:46
x 1060

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by white exec »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

User avatar
Timmo
Donor 2020
Posts: 1273
Joined: 11 Jul 2011, 15:41
x 54

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by Timmo »

Spotted a couple of tesla's down here, a few leafs and zoe's but both Renault and Nissan dealrs close, couple of the mitsubishi hybrids and prious's. The latter more often going to the golf club!
Friends down the road have an elecy berlingo/partner van, we have seen A Renault Twizzy out in the wild too!

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 42555
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1336

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by CitroJim »

Saw a Leaf today in Milton Keynes...

In the regulation colour for all of them: Silver <yawn>

Never seen one in anything but...

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
Posts: 9294
Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 17:12
x 378

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by RichardW »

Saw a white Leaf on a 17 plate this morning, Jim!

Online
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 18378
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 1098

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by myglaren »

Only ever seen a Leaf in White - probably the same one each time.

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 42555
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1336

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by CitroJim »

Maybe they are coloured by region and our colour is sliver perhaps and yours is white!

Online
User avatar
Zelandeth
Donor 2016
Posts: 3680
Joined: 17 Nov 2014, 00:36
x 359

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by Zelandeth »

Dark silver Renault Zoe spotted in the Kingston Tesco car park just now.

User avatar
Timmo
Donor 2020
Posts: 1273
Joined: 11 Jul 2011, 15:41
x 54

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by Timmo »

When out handing a bike over to a customer a Grey leaf demonstrator Wafted past! Close to gun metal grey, bt lighter??