Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 19111
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 1281

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by myglaren »

Just a white Leaf on the A1.

User avatar
demag
Donor 2016
Posts: 1436
Joined: 18 Oct 2004, 05:03
x 77

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by demag »

I read this on the FB BX page and thought it was funny.

"Loved the fact that today a hybrid car pulled up beside me just as I was getting into my BX. No engine sound, just the noise from the tyres as it parked next to me, then I start my old tzd diesel and a nice puff of smoke wafted over the hybrid, you could almost hear it coughing [emoji23][emoji100][emoji100][emoji40][emoji40]"

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
Posts: 11099
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 1187

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I saw three black Teslas (two Model S, pre facelift, and a Model X), and a white Renault Zoe.

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 43132
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1503

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by CitroJim »

demag wrote: "Loved the fact that today a hybrid car pulled up beside me just as I was getting into my BX. No engine sound, just the noise from the tyres as it parked next to me, then I start my old tzd diesel and a nice puff of smoke wafted over the hybrid, you could almost hear it coughing [emoji23][emoji100][emoji100][emoji40][emoji40]"


:lol: Love it!

lexi
Donor 2020
Posts: 2812
Joined: 17 Apr 2008, 17:51
x 119

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by lexi »

Sat right behind the twin car of our Simon's the other day. Road up to Loch Lomond. 16 plate ION in white, with West Dumbartonshire Council on it.

User avatar
Mandrake
Posts: 8240
Joined: 10 Apr 2005, 17:23
x 347

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by Mandrake »

lexi wrote:Sat right behind the twin car of our Simon's the other day. Road up to Loch Lomond. 16 plate ION in white, with West Dumbartonshire Council on it.

Hope it wasn't slowing you down too much. :-D

Do Scottish councils have some sort of mandate that they must have some token green cars on their fleet ?? Mine came from the Inverclyde council as did its brother, which now seems to be sold too.

Dunno what they were using it for, but the front seat backs and ceiling certainly had a lot of dirty marks that I haven't managed to completely remove yet. :evil:

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 13978
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 1378

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

A well earned 50 points on offer for a spot of an "Allied Conversion" for Glasgow City Council, showroom spots included, and 999 points for anyone who dares to go for a test drive in one :-D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57477#p533479

Regards Neil

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
Posts: 9345
Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 17:12
x 396

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by RichardW »

Saw an electric B Class Merc this morning - given away not only by the blue highlights on the grille, but also the 'Electric Power' graphics down the side!

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 13978
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 1378

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Thats a hot off the presses spot Richard, google "Mercedes B Class Electric Drive" and there isn't a single image of a car with UK Plates :-D

Regards Neil

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
Posts: 9345
Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 17:12
x 396

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by RichardW »

I only know about them because a poster on another forum has bought one - his is white, and he lives north of the border, so possible it was him!

User avatar
Mandrake
Posts: 8240
Joined: 10 Apr 2005, 17:23
x 347

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by Mandrake »

Surely you don't frequent other forums Richard ? Blasphemous ! :-D

User avatar
white exec
Moderating Team
Posts: 6434
Joined: 21 Dec 2015, 13:46
x 1090

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by white exec »

myglaren wrote:Just a white Leaf on the [route]

Such things have been known to bring Southern Trains to a halt come autumn...

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 13978
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 1378

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:Thats a hot off the presses spot Richard, google "Mercedes B Class Electric Drive" and there isn't a single image of a car with UK Plates :-D


Slight correction this one does appear someway down the list, and it's for sale on a 65 plate...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57477&p=534417#p534417

Regards Neil

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
Posts: 9345
Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 17:12
x 396

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by RichardW »

Picking up the kids from Beavers this evening, there was a 40 kWh Zoe there, and an i3 coming down the road. The parents have too much money; my almost failed to start 307 looks a bit out of place....!!

Predictive text changes the battery rating to epoCh!

Gibbo2286
Donor 2020
Posts: 4864
Joined: 08 Jun 2011, 18:04
x 905

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by Gibbo2286 »

RichardW wrote:Picking up the kids from Beavers this evening, there was a 40 kWh Zoe there, and an i3 coming down the road. The parents have too much money; my almost failed to start 307 looks a bit out of place....!!

Predictive text changes the battery rating to epoCh!


With all this free food at the food banks they're bound to have some to spare. :-D