Room 101 open for deposits.....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Room 101 open for deposits.....

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Incompetent medical bureaucraps.

I have been put onto a course of medication that requires me to have regular blood tests. It was stressed to me how important it was I had these tests. I went into the hospital for the first proper test (I had one prior to the medication to establish a baseline figure) to find that I was not on the system. This is because somebody did not add me onto the DAWN monitoring system (after finding this out the person I spoke to on the phone will add me now). Because of this my first blood test will be a week late.

I will also have to get repeat prescriptions of the medication. Rather than allow me to get it from the hospital (when I call in regularly for either physiotherapy or blood tests) I have to collect it from my GP. As the GP is half an hour walk away, but the hospital (with a pharmacy) is less than 10 minutes walk, this will waste 40 minutes each time I have to get the prescription.

Nice waste of everybodys' time, bureaucraps!
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 11 Mar 2020, 09:42, edited 2 times in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

"Smart"

Let's be dumb and happy!!
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 11 Mar 2020, 08:46 I've got a new rating for TV programmes, 'Pi' Poor imitation.

Start with Judge Rinder a poor imitation of Judge Judy and new Top Gear a poor imitation of the original.

Any more?
Got me thinking back a bit to Sunday lunchtimes in days gone by Gibbo. That was both the "University Challenge" slot with Bamber Gascoigne, and wall to wall "Farming" programmes. University Challenge is still one of my favorites but is the current one a "Pi", compared to the original? Not significantly so, in the old days it was still probably more elitist than it is today, but still tradition dictates that questions on greek mythology and 14th Century Popes still crop up in the "modern game". My view they should be docked 5 points for actually knowing the answer to such irrelevant questions.

As for the demise of the decicated farming programme into the more broader-based and user-friendly "Country File" again I like both, but do miss the adverts for Nitram fertiliser from ICI, and the various insecticide products during the breaks on Tyne-Tees Television's classic "Farming Outlook" with the moustachioed Stuart Seaton in the presenting chair. :-D

REgards Neil

PS I am claiming 10 points for the first use ever of the adjective "moustachioed." on the FCF :-D
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 11 Mar 2020, 10:42, edited 2 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 11 Mar 2020, 09:35
PS I am claiming 10 points for the first use ever of the adjective "moustachioed." on the FCF :-D
Damn it!! I was only a whisker away!! :)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 11 Mar 2020, 09:25 Incompetent medical bureaucraps.

I have been put onto a course of medication that requires me to have regular blood tests. It was stressed to me how important it was I had these tests. I went into the hospital for the first proper test (I had one prior to the medication to establish a baseline figure) to find that I was not on the system. This is because somebody did not add me onto the DAWN monitoring system (after finding this out the person I spoke to on the phone will add me now). Because of this my first blood test will be a week late.

I will also have to get repeat prescriptions of the medication. Rather than allow me to get it from the hospital (when I call in regularly for either physiotherapy or blood tests) I have to collect it from my GP. As the GP is half an hour walk away, but the hospital (with a pharmacy) is less than 10 minutes walk, this will waste 40 minutes each time I have to get the prescription.

Nice waste of everybodys' time, bureaucraps!
You should be able to order repeat prescriptions online and have the script delivered to any pharmacy you designate, who will deliver to your home if you like - free!
You may need to set up online access to your GP. Something I have been going to do for nine months since I changed doctors - I did do it straight away but then it went all to hell and I just keep procrastinating.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Gibbo2286 wrote: 11 Mar 2020, 08:46 I've got a new rating for TV programmes, 'Pi' Poor imitation.

Start with Judge Rinder a poor imitation of Judge Judy and new Top Gear a poor imitation of the original.

Any more?
Ironically "Room 101"
Not as good with Frank Skinner and 3 guests as it was with Paul Merton and one more detailed conversation IMHO :)
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

mickthemaverick wrote: 11 Mar 2020, 09:37
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 11 Mar 2020, 09:35
Damn it!! I was only a whisker away!! :)
Don't stress, just keep a stiff upper lip :-D
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Joke books with too many groan jokes!!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Period!
Americans who have to end a sentence with it, following a "."
(-expletive removed-)!

Plus many other Americanisms that grate like fingernails drawn across a blackboard.

ED: Shot in the foot with my own expletive remover. :( :(
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

mickthemaverick wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 15:28 Joke books with too many groan jokes!!
Oh, dear!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

No, all is well. George Orwell did not find where I had hidden my stash of joke material. I can still terrorize the Forum! :twisted:
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

The incessant hateful music that seems to be played in the background of pretty much all the TV shows that i watch. I have a little understanding of why (*in one particular case) this is done as it's used to drown out music that is actually playing at where ever the filming is being done, this is to avoid broadcasting copyright infringement.
* = this one particular case : i used to watch the broadcasts of Santa Pod Raceway on FB but they would always play this hateful music, many people moaned about it as they'd (inc me) much rather be listening to the engines of these rods/dragsters/bikes launching up the strip & this music ruined it, it was at this point that the proprietors pointed out that they play music at the actual event such as acdc, katy perry, etc etc which is fine, this is normal music, countless places do this, but it has copyright on it and so there for it cannot be broadcast-ed by other means.
My gripe is that i don't think this should be the case with TV shows that are being filmed, yeah ok so maybe the cast/crew et al would like to be listening to a radio in the background whilst filming but i don't recall ever hearing it so why on earth do we have to have this music on the shows we are watching?. To me it only serves one other purpose (other than potentially the aforementioned copyright issues) which is to keep a roof over someone's head...which i entirely do not have an issue with but i do not want to listen to it, if i could i would use subtitles and mute my tv, if someone is talking on TV i don't want to have to be listening to music at the same time! it's a relief when it stops because then i can clearly hear what the person is saying. To me it serves no purpose, if you were to strip the visuals & the talking away and just leave the music behind i would challenge anyone to describe what the music was depicting and which show it was from.

I'll leave you with this one thought, you call someone on the phone, they answer briefly but then say, wait a moment i need to put some music on before i continue this call :shock:
Last edited by quintet on 05 Jun 2020, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
Music keeps me going.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Agreed, although I don't watch TV and never have watched racing - the music is bad enough but the commentators are worse.

It has invaded YouTube instructional videos too.

So the combination of crap music and crapper yakking and if it can't be useful muted it goes straight into my personal room 101.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I watch quite a few programmes with the mute button pressed, surprising how little the music or the commentators are actually needed.

The other thing is 'talking heads' a programme like 24/7 A&E, instead of showing you the action the have family members or nurses/doctors yattering away on the screen.

The corona virus has also brought up so many 'experts' it makes you wonder why we need government at all.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

The word 'system' , i find it such a lazy way of describing something. I often dealt with customers who said 'i am on the system' to which i thought 'what system' ? the sewage system, the plastering system (i actually saw that on the side of a van) the electrical system, the computer system... oh your on that? well hello mr/miss/mrs/ms microsoft, i believe your address is somewhere in America... :roll: This would usually be followed by 'i have been here before'...with said customer expecting me to fully know everything about them that they expect me to know #-o .
Music keeps me going.