Taking the Micky

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Now if it was a Jap car, I wouldn't be surprised - I've always though that the Japs had trained mice to service their cars when the owners weren't watching - that why they get such good owners reviews.
//NiSk
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Its sound very mousterious to me !
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

I wonder how many mice you could get in a xant glovebox............
my guess is one whole one and half of the one sliced in two by the trap.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

How about putting your car in a garage with the doors shut and the engine running? If it dont finish him off you could hear the lil bugger coughing and it will be easier to find his hiding place? [:o)]
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

I sell tractors for a living, I did a stint as a mechanic before this, and mice taking up residence is a fairly common problem. We had a call out to a farmer who's 18 month old tractor was dead, despite a fully charged battery having been sat unused for a few weeks. Thinking it would be something simple the workshop manager sent me to have a look at it. I spent about an hour with a multimeter on it, there was current at certain points and not at others all over the thing. Recovered it to the workshop and there were chewed wires all over the thing. The manufacturer advised that we order up and fit all the loom sections to it to save time - of which there were about 15 sections for the various systems. It ended up taking 2 lads 11 days to sort it out - the cab had to come off, the engine lifted out, transmission out etc. The labour bill came to over £5k and the parts were about £1500. Fitted the new looms and it still wasn't right - ECU had blown up, the electronic control for the semi automatic transmission had gone as well. These came to another £4k. It was just about worth doing in the end as the unit was worth about £25k, I've known a couple of older machines get written off from mouse damage.