Tales from beyond the grave AKA Dan & Emma's Black Xantia, pug 206HDi, Daniel's 206 Verve 1.4i, GTi180 plus XUD9TE 206!!

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

ekjdm14
Donor 2020

Re: Tales from beyond the grave AKA Dan & Emma's Black Xantia, pug 206HDi, Daniel's 206 Verve 1.4i, GTi180 plus XUD9TE 2

Post by ekjdm14 »

We're back home finally, failed on a couple of little niggly bits. inner CV boot clip broke (it was a nasty plastic one, replacing with proper item) & right headlamp aim too high (adjuster didn't work for the tester, sorted now).

Booked in to get it's ticket Thursday at 5 now though, garage was super busy and short staffed or I'd have fixed it on the spot! Well impressed with the sheet in all honesty considering how long it's sat for & that the engine and rear beam were both seized tight 6 days ago. She really really wants to live, and so she shall! Smile

Advisories on brake discs having rust (that'll clear with driving anyway), reg plates cracked (being replaced anyway), small oil leak (just my spillage from adjusting the valves) and surface rust on the suspension components. Emissions passed fine & brakes passed fine which impressed the heck out of me, it's definitely not how long they stand for but where they stand, had cars in worse shape that've sat less than 2 years.

There's also the front struts to replace with coilovers (one of the springs is softer than the other, luckily tester was OK with that) and right front wheel bearing had slight noise but no play so those are on the "as soon as it's tested" list, along with replacing the heater hoses and sorting the rad cap. Other than that it's just a case of full service, cambelt & a good wash plus some decent tyres and the world will have one more real car back in service. :)

mickthemaverick
Donor 2019

Re: Tales from beyond the grave AKA Dan & Emma's Black Xantia, pug 206HDi, Daniel's 206 Verve 1.4i, GTi180 plus XUD9TE 2

Post by mickthemaverick »

I'd call that a great result considering the time you've had her Dan. Roll on Thursday!! :yeah:

ekjdm14
Donor 2020

Post by ekjdm14 »

Can't wait, just a shame the garage was so busy or it'd be on the road tomorrow. Bleeding fantastic result considering how long it's been sat for, honestly still in shock that the emissions passed with 1/8th tank of old petrol still in there albeit mixed with 20 quids of super and a bottle of Comma injector cleaner. That and how solid the shell is for a car that was covered in moss on the top side...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That is one fantastic result :D Absolutely excellent! Those two fails were so minor as to be of no consequence whatsoever...

I'd say an exceedingly good buy!

ekjdm14
Donor 2020

Post by ekjdm14 »

Very super duper impressed, the lad's done well on this one :) MoT now passed, next on the list is backdated maintenance & new heater hose plus a proper wash as she's not only got the remainder of the moss/lichen but now wears an array of filthy hand prints too!

Some cars just want to live despite the odds & this is surely one of them.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

ekjdm14 wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 18:43
Some cars just want to live despite the odds & this is surely one of them.
Absolutely and congrats on the MoT pass!

I think we need some more pictures, especially of the array of filthy hand prints ;) :D